This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just seeing what I get away with at this point

So, as you may gather, I like ponies. And I'm confident enough in my masculinity (and am enough of a troll) to display this openly.

This, combined with the desire to make a homophobic and slightly dimwitted coworker uncomfortable, lead to me improving my lanyard (now with half-ass attempt at concealing my identity from my corporate overlords). First it was just the lanyard with Fluttershy and Twilight; Rainbow Dash and Ditzy Do (yes I prefer that name) came later.

Eventually, we were stuck wearing these video game preorder cards as part of a realy dumb promotion, so I improved that as well, letting Pinkie Pie and Time Turner join the party.

Finally, that promotion was over and I decided to make Pinkie Pie a permanent presence on my lanyard.

And at this point, we've gone beyond trolling Z to just seeing what I can get away with before someone makes me take it off or replace my badge.

With that in mind, which sticker do I use to cover up the store logo? I'm thinking Rarity.

» Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Lipsynch this for him.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It is time to pony up.

Covering the Company Logo may get you in trouble. I would suggest that you stick as many ponies on there as you can without covering the store logo, or you name.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Covering the Company Logo may get you in trouble. I would suggest that you stick as many ponies on there as you can without covering the store logo, or you name.
        My original goal (which I'm still keeping an eye out for) was to find a sticker with just Twilight's cutie mark to place over it.

That way I could argue the symbol was still a spark.

I'm at least going to cover the backs of my badges with them. I've already removed all the stuff that was printed on the backs anyway.

Comment

As someone with a Tardis lanyard for work with an applejack pin. I approve this post.

And yes I do need to take a pic *hides*
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I have a batman lanyard I could use. But I hate lanyards around my neck all day. I need batman stickers. But everyone knows my personality by now.

Comment

I'm sorry now that we can't use lanyards where I work (we have no ID tags whatsoever). I've got four or five Harry Potter pins just begging for a nice display position.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                Ditzy Do (yes I prefer that name) came later.
                Not a MLP fan - is that another name for Derpy Hooves?

One thing I DIDN'T see on your lanyard is a breakaway (safety device that will detach if pulled too hard). It looks like you replaced the company-supplied lanyard with your own MLP unit - I'm surprised corporate hasn't cracked down on this, since it's a safety issue.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Not a MLP fan - is that another name for Derpy Hooves?
                  Pretty much. "Derpy" first showed up in S1:E1 in the background. Her appearance was an animation error, and the fans latched onto it and gave her that name. S1:E11 had a line of dialogue referring to an offscreen character named "Ditzy Do" who was apparently prone to dumb mistakes.

Some fans stuck by the fan-given name, others preferred to associate the shown-but-not-named character with the name given in the latter episode. "Derpy" semi-officially won out when Rainbow Dash addressed her directly by that name in S2:E14, but that was retconned after people complained about the name being offensive.

(I've personally remedied this to my satisfaction in fanfics with the idea that Rainbow, generally being a self-absorbed blowhard, just never bothers to get Ditzy's name right.)

(Also, your unasked-for fan-rant is over now and you can go back to your normal pony-free life.)

One thing I DIDN'T see on your lanyard is a breakaway (safety device that will detach if pulled too hard). It looks like you replaced the company-supplied lanyard with your own MLP unit - I'm surprised corporate hasn't cracked down on this, since it's a safety issue.
                  They don't provide a lanyard, just a plastic snap to hang it from your shirt collar. I've had several of those snaps thus far. They don't usually last more than a month before breaking.

Comment

I've just got a plain purple ribbon lanyard for my work ID - and the ID itself doesn't even have our company logo on it, just a mugshot of me, which I'm slightly peeved about. The ID probably doesn't have it though because it's provided by the company who runs our cashless restaurant and shop.

I wonder if I could replace the ribbon with something nerdy... *goes to look on the web*
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Pretty much. "Derpy" first showed up in S1:E1 in the background. Her appearance was an animation error, and the fans latched onto it and gave her that name. S1:E11 had a line of dialogue referring to an offscreen character named "Ditzy Do" who was apparently prone to dumb mistakes.

Some fans stuck by the fan-given name, others preferred to associate the shown-but-not-named character with the name given in the latter episode. "Derpy" semi-officially won out when Rainbow Dash addressed her directly by that name in S2:E14, but that was retconned after people complained about the name being offensive.
                      The writer of S2E14 used the name Ditzy Do in the script and changed it after he was told about the fan name Derpy. He was told what derpy meant after the episode came out and said that he would have kept the name Ditzy if he had known.

My personal feeling on her name is that it's Ditzy Do and RD calls her Derpy when she does something not so smart... Like jumping on a cloud and causing lighting that destroys city hall. RD has used nicknames for others so this would fit with how she acts.

Comment

Stickers now cover the backs and parts of the front that aren't visible when it's hanging normally. Now I'm offering my extra stickers to the rest of the department. Thus far one of the cell phone girls and (surprisingly) Z have accepted them.

Also I've come across Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy plushes in our return buggies and kind of want them, but don't think Kheldarson will let me.

Comment

Also I've come across Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy plushes in our return buggies and kind of want them, but don't think Kheldarson will let me.
                          Would I honestly be able to stop you?

Plus we both know they'd just end up in the pile.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                          X