X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm blaming you for my incompetence!

Had this gem of an exchange today.

Background: Case came in, I recognized the problem as a known issue with our latest patch on one particular hardware platform. I provided the solution, which was simple, proven, and tested at multiple customer sites. It was in fact a single command. Ok, two if you include the reboot afterward. Customer said they'd implement it in a couple days ( your appliance is not working, all it takes is one command to fix, and you're going to let it sit idle?) and report back. Ok, fine. No problem.

Aaand so, this morning, I get an email.. with my manager copied.

The solution you provided didn't work! It made things worse! The device started rebooting constantly and we couldn't even get logs! We had to reinstall from scratch and put patch 4 (the latest stable patch you released for TR2)

As you know days ago we had problems because patch 10 caused issue with this device (you knew but didn't publish)

How dare you send a fix that isn't proven? Worse how dare you recommend us to use it in production environment! This time you support not only didn't work but caused more problems to us, we had to solve it ourselfs, but no thank you!
    I looked at that and, well... dafuq? I went over to explain the situation to my manager since he'd seen the email too. He agreed, dude was off his rocker, and he'd send a response on it. Clearly, the guy had messed something up, though we're still not sure what or exactly how you could fark up the solution that badly.... because the guy kept ranting after my boss replied.

My boss had replied, basically re-iterating what I'd already said when sending the fix in the first place: it was tested and proven not only in the lab but in customer environments. And he mentioned that since he didn't have any details he couldn't comment on what happened to him.

To which, dumbass replied:
    what is inappropriate is your answer.

It is clear that we're not going to fix anything with you,

and every time we have more doubts about your technical capacity

With whom we can climb this topic? Who is your boss?
    WTF is your problem dumbass? My boss offered to have a call with this dumbass, and suggested dumbass ask his manager to attend as well and if they still wanted after the call, he'd escalate to his manager.

Quoth the dumbass:
    I am the manager and it's clear that we will not fix anything with you,

if you don't want to give me the information, I will have to climb this case in another direction.

Thank you.
    At this point, my boss responded, copied his own boss, and unloaded both barrels into dumbass with a point-by-point refutation of everything dumbass said.

And if there was anything after that... I didn't see it.

TEAL DEER Incompetent arse SOMEHOW fucks up a really simple fix and throws a temper tantrum, blaming us for his incompetence, only to get hit with a Pwnzer from my boss.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Well, look - anyone who thinks "ourselfs" is a word and uses a phrase like "with whom we can climb this topic" clearly hasn't got much going on in the neurons.

And of course he doesn't bother to tell you exactly what went wrong. And he's a manager? Why do I suspect there's an underling in this dept. who has been trying to tell him how to fix the problem but is being ignored because this guy knows everything?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

To be fair, I don't think English was his first language. Mexico/South American customer.

I wasn't even working directly with the guy that started yelling. Angry guy had been copied on all emails, but I was mainly corresponding with another guy. My boss was completely incredulous that Angry Guy was a manager.

Comment

Ah, ok, makes more sense if English isn't his first language.

Still, being professional about it kind of transcends any language. Or it should.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And this guy has no intention of being professional. I wonder if he even knows the concept. We were treated to this email today. Mind you, this is in large font and bold. All of it.

I am a manager and I regret not have a peer to you with whom you can talk since I don't have staff with the same lack of education as you.
          I need to scale this with someone senior in your company because you don't realize that you're talking with your customer.

The result of your command was a mess. This was the only thing we could rescue because the machine wouldn't stop from reset.

We can't rely on your time response since you've taken months to solve a single issue. We must solve these problems immediately because we affect our business operation.

We didn't received the notification you mentioned and we're signed with more than one account to 10.5 version notifications.

Clearly the tests you perform are not efficient because we the users have to notify you about the issues. We're not your testers!
          My manager's theory: customer fucked up, broke his appliance, and decided to blame anyone but himself and rip into the first person who responded to his email.

What an ass. I've never seen such unprofessional shit in my two and a half years at my current job, and I've had customers who have pissed me off bad enough I had to literally walk away.

I never even had someone this stupid and inconsolably enraged at my previous tech support position with Red Checkmark.

Comment

If it were up to me, I'd say your employer should drop this particular client because he is clearly not willing to listen to you. I have a feeling that he did something that completely borked the appliance above and beyond what the recent patch messed up and needs a complete reinstall of the software, probably borked in trying to fix what the patch broke before contacting you in the first place.

Comment

Working...
            X