Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So ya know how Jester likes to brag that he can cook...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't need to like bell peppers to like this sauce. It is not really bell peppery, at all.
    Bell peppers have a liquoricey taste to them I find unpleasant. I can pretty much taste it even if it is only a little amount of bell pepper added to something [and to some chinese and mexican foods where they add slabs of the damned things because they are cheap and colorful, blargh. I can't even just remove them because the taste is infused in the dish.] The same taste is in the red pepper flakes made by flaking and drying the bell peppers.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Jester, I did make a couple additions. I added chopped onion to the pepper/garlic mixture as it was cooking before it went in the food processor. Then I added bay leaves and parsley flakes while it was simmering with the browned ground beef. I did that mostly because I wanted to make it closer to what my father is used to. I can't say I prefer either version. They were both good.

Also, in order to have enough food to feed the swarm of locusts, er, I mean my kids, I quadrupled the recipe. There wasn't much left over.

At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
      X