This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrrgh!!!

If this belongs in Games, someone in Admin please move it.
    If it does not belong in Games, but it inspires someone to start a neo-medieval/modern game, then so be it.
    Dakron Academy is the genesis of the game/idea. It seems to be a very-well thought-out Steam-punk Done Right/Gas-lamp/1990s meets 11th century...
    As far as I understood (as a PC) the ELITES were warriors in a class all their own, much like the Samurai of old, with a solid dose of Jedi Knight thrown in for good measure. These ELITES came from the three "base classes" of old D&D: Rogue, Mage, Warrior. Each possessed a skill or numerous skills that so clearly defined them that a group of nine ELITES, three Shades(Rogue), three Magus(duh), and three Drakes(Warrior), was considered the equivalent of an army by itself.

The character that keeps coming back to haunt me is:
    Name: Tyger Dallas
    Sex: Male
    Race: Caucasian
    Eye Color: "fire-burst" Orange
    Hair Color and Length: red / shoulderblade-length braid / short goatee / scruffy stubble he shaves when he thinks about it
    Height: 6'
    Build: broad-shouldered, leanly muscled but startlingly strong
    Distinguishing Features: slash wound over the right side of his face (cutting from the missing top of his right ear to his right nostril), stripe-like colorations on his forearms and hands
    Homeland: found wandering in the Allied Kingdoms
    Path in Dakron: DRAKE
    Weapon of Choice: twin pistols or a good solid broadsword... or whatever comes to hand
    --Tyger's past is not well-known, even to him. He is a fighter, plain and simple, but he knows of the ELITES and reveres them as if they were almost deities. He has come to Dakron Academy because he knew Dakron Academy's training would forge him into a Warrior.
    He can swear in numerous languages, and often does so. He can be the world's biggest ***hole one minute, risk his life for that of a fellow student the next.
    When he fights, it's all-out or nothing; nothing he enjoys better than a good bar-brawl or a good beer.
    The slash scar on his face looks like someone gouged a 1/8 inch wide swath out of his face. He got it in a bar brawl when an opponent attacked him with a handle-shard of a heavy glass tankard.

Later in the game thread, Tyger discovers he can use his sword to create shockwaves by stabbing it into the earth(this is seen on page 6 or 7 of the thread).
    Before the action died, there was a plan to give him two more abilities: One was to be a sort of liquid whip used only when there was a source of liquid at hand(never fully fleshed out or even documented) and a mid-range air-swipe like the Tobi-Izuna of Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X infamy, which could be performed with the hand as a mid-range back-off slap, with a shield or the forearm as a back-off shove, or with a sword as a long-er-ranged killing blow(again, never fully devolped)…

Interestingly enough, Tyger's Past, which was never to be revealed TO HIM ICly, was that of a Mage's bodyguard. He knows the Heronmark sword techniques of the Wheel of Time series, and is very protective of Magus in his personal social circle, all trained-into-the-bone shadows from that period in his life. Through an event I never quite got worked out in my mind, however, Tyger lost his memory and was discovered thousands of miles away, half-dead and amnesiatic about his entire life. Throughout the story, Tyger was supposed to gradually comprehend in a conscious manner that he knows a very exclusive sword-style known only by a very exclusive group, but never WHY, even though his closest friends (the other PCs in the doomed game) come to suspect what his past may have been.

I know this is about as clear as glass that's been given twelve coats of black oil-based paint, but it's out there for somebody to derive inspiration from.
    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM.

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
    I know this is about as clear as glass that's been given twelve coats of black oil-based paint, but it's out there for somebody to derive inspiration from.
    I concur, I have no idea what's going on here or why. >.>

Comment

You appear to do the same thing I do sometimes, Tyger, which is get caught up in all the character creation and plot backfill aspects of world-building for games and so on.

I've spent more time than I should have doing the same thing for characters that never see the light of day.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
      X