This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find an actual Mahjonng game

Not the tile matching game but the one where you play a game against up to three other people and try to build a hand similar to rummy. Ever computer game I've ever seen that calls itself mahjonng is the tile matching game and not what I want to play. I remember having such a game as a kid but now that I actually know how to play I'd like to track down a computer game of it.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

I have a copy of Hong Kong Mahjong Pro I bought in 1992. It is an MS-DOS game that is available as abandonware. You will something like DosBox to run it.

Hong Kong Mahjong Pro

There is also Hong Kong Mahjong for Windows by the same company which is still available for sale.

There is also a Flash Version, but it is in Chinese.

Here is free one called Open Mahjong.

And a web site full of suggestions.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

thanks, finding one for free is even better.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

There is also Pogo.com, I'm pretty sure they have a classic Mahjong game. It's free as well.

Comment

4 winds mah jong is also another one that has both traditional and tile matching and is already adapted for win7 and win8.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Mnang, now I want to dig out my set and have a game >.< still haven't worked out the scoring sticks but the Chinese rules are easy to play. And I love it so ^^ I started writing a children's non-fiction book teaching them how to play for a Creative Writing module in uni...
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I've got a physical tile set I bought here in the States.

I've also got the Wright-Patt rules book, but the Japanese rules by Tuttle seems to be popular too.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

In The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, you can have your Sims play mahjonng that way.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                X