This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Not Accepting Your Connection Invitation

I "unfriended" someone on my FaceBook page. He was bragging about getting away with a felony. I work for a bank. The last thing I need is a friend bragging about being a criminal while I'm working on servers that contain sensitive bank customer data.

I finally decided to join LinkedIn recently. Guess who asked for a connection. I just ignored it. Sorry, buddy, but I have a reputation to defend.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I saw a story on the news just this morning, regarding something we probably all know by now; be careful what you put out there on Social Media, because one never knows when a current, or prospective employer, landlord, whatever, might view our pages, and make judgement calls based on what he/she is seeing, whether it be drunk and naked party pics, offensive comments, whatever.

One point they made that I don't recall hearing before, is being linked the pages of our Social Media "Friends"----specifically those that we don't know in person, or even communicate with, but we accepted their Friend Request because of a common friend, or interest, or whatever, and this "friend" posts their own socially unacceptable stuff, and the judgement will be based on that, no matter how squeaky-clean our own page is otherwise.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
      I saw a story on the news just this morning, regarding something we probably all know by now; be careful what you put out there on Social Media, because one never knows when a current, or prospective employer, landlord, whatever, might view our pages, and make judgement calls based on what he/she is seeing, whether it be drunk and naked party pics, offensive comments, whatever.

Mike
      This is one big, big reason why the only social media site I am on is Twitter. And I am VERY careful who I "follow". In fact, right now I think I'm following 13 people, and I have 8 "followers".

I'm not on Pinterest, FaceBook, or any other major Social Media site you could name, other than Twitter.

I was even reluctant to start my own blog. Not that anyone could really find it...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I personally know every person on my Facebook Friend list, if I've worked with them previously, they ARE family members that I know of said co-workers, are my family, or I've known them since we were in middle school. Even THEN I don't post something I KNOW will get back to one of my jobs or my family that I really don't want to get back to them, considering that 90% of the list is either current or former co-workers.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          This is one big, big reason why the only social media site I am on is Twitter. And I am VERY careful who I "follow". In fact, right now I think I'm following 13 people, and I have 8 "followers".

I'm not on Pinterest, FaceBook, or any other major Social Media site you could name, other than Twitter.

I was even reluctant to start my own blog. Not that anyone could really find it...
          I seem to have my FB privacy levels so high that even if you know my name, you can't find me. Not sure how that happened but it's fine by me.

And you really have to wonder about someone who's done something that stupid (committed a felony and bragged about it to the world on a social website) and then goes around asking everybody and their brother to "friend" him ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            And you really have to wonder about someone who's done something that stupid (committed a felony and bragged about it to the world on a social website) and then goes around asking everybody and their brother to "friend" him ...
            That is dumb, but he bragged that he committed a felony and was found not guilty. No matter how much he brags about that, he can't be tried again for that crime since we both live in the United States. It's still stupid, though.

Comment

He's at it again. This time, he invited me to join Twitter and Dropbox. I'm still ignoring him since I still have a reputation to protect.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                That is dumb, but he bragged that he committed a felony and was found not guilty. No matter how much he brags about that, he can't be tried again for that crime since we both live in the United States. It's still stupid, though.
                Yes, because if not now then somewhere down the road, when he's whining about why people can't forgive and forget, and why can't he get a decent job, and why this and why that ... perhaps it'll dawn on him that he was damn stupid not to STFU about it.

Comment

Isn't there some way to anonymously report him or something, did he give you details?
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    Isn't there some way to anonymously report him or something, did he give you details?
                    Actually, right now, he's easy to ignore. Reporting him would be too much trouble, but I will keep that in mind.
                    Last edited by catcul; 11-18-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Besides which, sadly, reporting him would do very little good. The double jeopardy thing kicks in. However, something to keep in mind .. just because you can not be tried for the same crime .. there is perjury, obstruction of justice, and I am sure some other things he COULD be gotten on.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

He didn't give any details. He said that he was tried for a felony and was acquitted.

For all I know, he could have been lying about the whole thing. It's still not a good idea to friend him, though.

Comment

If he's annoying you, make him hurt for it. They can surely find SOMETHING to go after him for, no?
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
                          X