This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May need surgery again

So a couple months ago my doctor did a CT scan. It showed that the cartalidge on my radial head detached. So grinding can become an issue, call if I have any pain.

Two weeks ago I started having pain whenever I put any weight on my arm. I can't even pick up a two liter. I called the doctor, and am currently waiting for insurance to approve the CT scan the doctor ordered. If I am having grinding then radial head replacement surgery is in my future.

And I'm still waiting on auth for the CT scan. I'm pissed at this point.

Comment

Good grief Sending you healing and happy thoughts *hugs*
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Oh, man, that sucks. Hope they get you fixed up soon!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good luck! I hope it's something fixable with non-invasive means. On the other hand, ain't science wonderful? To be able to replace body parts, no more lifelong, crippling pain!
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Yes, what Beemused said. I want a spine replacement.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
              no more lifelong, crippling pain!
              lol. I'm hoping when they finally replace my replacement hip, and pull the bone growing into the muscle out of the muscle, I will have less pain. Painfree seems like a fairytale to me after 22 years

Comment

Ffs. Today I got a letter dated 7/29 that my CT scan is approved. No one my doctor's office has talked to told them it was approved. So they told me to hold on to the letter, and they can get me in NEXT Friday. Ugh!

Comment

Ii had my CT scan today. Friday morning is follow up with doctor.

Comment

I'm in the waiting room. Today I find out if I need surgery again. My stomach is in knots.

Comment

And the CT scan showed my bones kinda melted away from the screw heads. I need surgery to remove the screws, but we're going to have the parts on hand to do radial head replacement surgery jic when doctor goes in to remove screws it looks bad.

Comment

Always looks worse then it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X