This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, how does that work, exactly?

I have suspected shin splints (though only in one shin). The exercises weren't helping, changing shoes didn't help, and rest just made me stir crazy. I was up to almost 12 miles a week, yo! Cut that out, and suddenly all that energy has NOWHERE TO GO. Off I went to see my lovely PA, herself an athlete and all-around-awesome-person. She ordered a tib-fib series, just to make sure there was no stress fracture, because shin splints shouldn't necessarily be tender to touch.

I hie myself all the way across the hall to radiology. Get there, hand them the orders...

"Oh, we're sorry, but we don't actually have a tech available today."

"um. what?"

"We can get you in tomorrow morning at 8AM..."

"I have to be in the car on my way to work at that hour. Ditto Thursday. Friday morning is free, as long as I'm out by 9:30..."

"9AM Friday morning it is!"

WTF, radiology! How can you not have a tech on hand!? Obnoxious. I could have gone up to the hospital, but they were running about 40 minutes behind (I called), and I didn't have the energy to sit there in a germ-laden waiting room (they share with several other departments). Plus, extra copay.

Sometimes I hate being part of a rural network.

Probably the same way a major hospital, on a Friday night when they get a lot of kids with broken limbs and drunks ditto, can have absolutely no one working (not even 9pm at the time) who knows how to put a cast on a simple break. So the child has to spend the night with an unprotected broken arm (and she was NOT an unmoving sleeper, so probably hurt it more) and we had to find someone working on a Sat that could cast her arm...

Comment

Good shoes are the key to a lot of foot, ankle, and leg problems.

Follow up though. You may need further care.
      Last edited by Dips; 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
      X