Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wacky Wednesday (or The Things I Miss When I'm Gone)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacky Wednesday (or The Things I Miss When I'm Gone)

I was off work Wednesday. I spent most of the day in bed with an awful headache, probably weather-related (It's May 24 and I'm scraping frost off my car windows.....).

Anyhow, I am told the following things all happened that day:

1. On its way into the parking lot, the flower truck we received that day sideswiped a stoplight, nearly taking it out of commission. Police had to be called to survey the damage.

2. A woman fell down outside of Le Shack Du Radio (next to the swamp in the strip mall) and couldn't get up and was left to wallow in the rain for a while as people either passed by without offering help or just milled around not knowing what to do.

3. Some dude got in a fight with at least two other people near the entrance to the swamp. Police were called again, along with at least one person from the Sheriff's department, because dude left the scene and was skulking around the parking lot.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

What a bunch of winners in your town.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      What a bunch of winners in your town.
      Oh yeah, sounds like my town - only somewhat to the southeast of Irv.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freliegh
      2. A woman fell down outside of Le Shack Du Radio (next to the swamp in the strip mall) and couldn't get up and was left to wallow in the rain for a while as people either passed by without offering help or just milled around not knowing what to do.
      I have been that woman before . . . slipped 2 winters back on a patch of black ice while shopping w/Mom (she was waiting at the stoplight in her wheelchair, I was crossing over to get to our fave Pizza Place) and I stepped wrong trying to get to the covered sidewalk - next thing I knew, my leg went out from under me and I was almost face down on the parking lot.

NO ONE came to see if I was okay or needed help getting back up. Needless to say, I had to struggle to get up on my own and got to the pizza place.

When Mom finally made it over there, I let her know what had happened and I think I said some things that weren't very nice about some of our "finer" folk in that part of town.

Got home and after I got out of my clothes, I noticed I was bruised up one hip and down to my knee, my knee (on the same leg) was bruised a bit and I had a nice one coming up on my shin as well. But that was nothing compared to the fact that I was still royally pissed because of the fact that I was left to fend for myself!!!!
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A woman I work with once slipped on the ice in the parking lot at the restaurant where we were having our union Christmas party. The only reaction she got, while still trying to get off the ground, was somebody in a car who leaned out their window and inquired whether she had just come in or was leaving.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's so sad how society has become. I think some of the problem is that people are so afraid of getting sued, that they just don't bother trying to help.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
          X