This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey results from a survey that the client filled out

One of the jobs I have at the company I work for is working at a parking garage three times a week. My employer manages the parking garage. A porter also works at the garage full-time.

The cashier booth, paying customer exit and contract exit are on the first level. The setup is this...

The paying customer lane is next to the cashier booth. The contract exit is across from the cashier booth.

The client owns the parking garage. Their employees have contract parking in the garage. A survey was sent to the client for them to fill out. Here are the results of the survey...

Your employees are not attentive enough nor friendly enough to our employees who have contract parking when they exit the garage. We would like the cashiers as well as the porter to wave at them when they exit the garage.

Geez. Hubs is a security guard at a gated community and he'll give the occasional nod or wave as residents enter through the resident gate but standing at attention at all times to make sure he waves at every single person entering or exiting would be definite overkill.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

One reason I can think of as to why the client wants us to wave at their employees as they are exiting is to make them feel good. But... are we responsible for making them feel good?

Comment

^ That's exactly it. If I am not over-the-top cheerful every single day, every single customer, I get complaints all year long. I'm not rude, but the times I've been just professional and polite, I've been labelled as "huffy" or "glib." Yes, those were the actual words used. So now I push myself to be like an airline attendant on prozac. It's utterly exhausting and totally impossible when I'm working with food. (We all get complaints about our "attitudes" in cafe because we are overwhelmed on weekends, trying to take orders, do prep, and not burn whatever we're cooking, all at the same time.)
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Would what I have to do at work regarding the client's employees be considered kissing butt?

Comment

Update

One of my co-workers had to work the closing shift at that garage yesterday. I asked him if he waved goodbye at all of the contract parkers who exited through the contract lane and if they waved goodbye to him. He said that he waved at the contract parkers when he was not busy with a customer who was paying for their parking at the cashier booth. I then asked him if they waved back. He said that out of all of the contract parkers whom he waved to, only 2 acknowledged him and waved back. The rest did not even acknowledge him.

Comment

That complaint came from someone with an ego problem. As in, it's way too big for their own good.

Personally, if the attendant waved at me every time I entered or exited a parking garage, I'd think it was a little creepy.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"I wave my private parts at you!"

Cookies for knowing the reference.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  "I wave my private parts at you!"
                  The Little Toaster (Updated): Micro-Huevos
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X