X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew I should've just done it...

And things were going so well.

Quick info, when I work the graveyard shift at my job, a part of it is getting the breakfast area set before the cooks come in; most days, this also means I do a lot (if not all) of the initial cooking. The trouble is that, on Monday, we were doing an extended breakfast (going later, like we do on weekends)...but I was left with the impression that, because of the holiday, the entire breakfast would be on weekend hours. I wasn't specifically told those exact words though, which became a problem.

I came in tonight to be warned by a CW that the GM had freaked out earlier in the day, because she found out we opened the breakfast area 45 minutes late (15 minutes before the "weekend" time that we were setting up for), and that no, we were supposed to have EXTENDED breakfast, starting at the normal time, but going later into the day. When I say she freaked out, I mean that the GM apparently told CW not to tell me how much she'd been going crazy, but obviously that instruction wasn't followed. Apparently GM was banging her head on a wall, screaming, yelling at everyone...it sounds like she had a full on meltdown. This is because a survey came back from a guest about us starting breakfast later in the morning that day, which is wonderful since now it's on record with the whole company. Fucking wonderful.

GM comes in this morning in just a few hours. I've had that sinking feeling in my gut all night, knowing that I'm going to get screamed at when she arrives. The worst part is that, even being given the impression we were on weekend times, I almost set up the breakfast for the usual time, just in case...then decided not to, so I wouldn't get in trouble for wasting food. If I had just grit my teeth and gone for it, everything would've been just fine, but nooooo, I decided to finish up some extra projects in that extra hour, and screwed myself instead!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Someone just shoot me...I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't basically just sit through the past HOURS of my shift, and the upcoming last few, knowing that I'm in trouble and I'm gonna get torn a new one in the morning. GM has a habit of leaving stuff on her desk (I have to get in her office for some of the paperwork I use overnight), and I didn't see a write-up laying out, but that doesn't mean there isn't one saved somewhere.

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

So it was either put out breakfast at the normal time and get yelled at for wasting food, or put it out on the weekend time and get yelled at for not opening normally? That's not a good work environment.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      So it was either put out breakfast at the normal time and get yelled at for wasting food, or put it out on the weekend time and get yelled at for not opening normally? That's not a good work environment.
      Actually, if I'd done the former, they probably would've been fine. The place isn't really bad, compared to a lot of hotels, but hearing how much the GM had freaked out had my stomach rolling all night.

Thankfully, when she came in today, it appeared that she had worked out whatever the hell happened and was in a good mood; we talked for a few minutes and everything was fine. Didn't even get yelled at, so somehow things worked out...

Comment

I'm so glad she realized it wasn't your fault, but a misunderstanding. But yeah, waitiing to get yelled at sucks.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah...stressing out over it took all the energy out of me, I was exhausted by the time I went home. Luckily, after tonight, my holiday weekend starts and I have the rest of the week off. Time to have some fun!

Comment

Working...
          X