This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder: 1, Car Alarms: 0

Bit of background: boyfriend and I both live near shopping centres.

So we've been having a somewhat wild storm. Not to the extent of a hurricane (they seem to be nonexistent in Adelaide) but bad enough.

Apparently the thunder or the lightning today somehow set off everyone's car alarm down at the shopping centre near my boyfriend's house
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

One or two cars a day at the trainstation usually get set off by the passing trains.

How ever a whole mall carpark would be epic XD

I'd have jumped on top of something nearby and started conducting the cars like an orchestra.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I have to admit that is pretty cool.

My dads motorbike is so loud it sets off twitchy car alarms. My neighbour's alarm shit itself after a month (driveways are next to each other). It even sets off dad's own car. Yet, I can still sleep through dad starting the bike outside my bedroom window.

Personally, if my alarm was so twitchy that the train set it off, I'd get it fixed. It would just drive me nuts.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Over at the not so local but insanely popular shopping centre, the recycling and garbage bins go through the ground floor carpark every day. They are LOUD
        Every now and then a car alarm has gone off as a result lol.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Fireworks are good for that too, especially the professional shows. Somebody's car alarm always goes off on the Fourth of July.
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Mmm.... thunder....

We had a storm a couple of weeks back that was almost on top of us. It set off a few alarms of cars parked on the street outside where I work.

A co-worker, right after that one hit, said, "Now, that's what I'm talking about!" because he'd been complaining that the thunder wasn't loud enough.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A movie was filming in a large city with a bay running through the center. They needed a ship to blow up, so they set the explosives cleared the harbor of nonessentials and cooked it off. Whereupon the alarm service company that had a majority of the contracts in that city center had their computers shut down by the incoming volume of alarms going off as every single seismic and glass vibration/glass break screamed for attention for about 8 city blocks ...
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

back when i was in nursing school, one of the other students said she loved thunderstorms because all the doctors' cars would start going off when the thunder boomed.

also one of the guys on my first ship (bit of an asshat actually) liked driving around the mall with his stereo blaring, trying to prove that it would set off car alarms. Instead, he got pulled over by security and told turn it down. (served him right really)

Comment

our old 120Y used to do that to one of the teacher's car at my high school. There was only street parking and this car was always paked by the gate my father dropped me off at. Just the simple act of driving by it would set it off.

Comment

Working...
                  X