Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tech job with a sales quota? I've done it. I worked for a contractor who commissioned the Notebook Tier 1 support with Harry Potter brand computers. I walked out as soon as I was confirmed with my new job.
    Good luck, bean. Stress sucks but don't let it drag you down.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      You and me both, Nurian. Only I switched contracts from notebook tier 1 support to laserjet printer tier 1 support for the same company - the call center I worked at had multiple contracts for that particular client. The laserjet contract didn't have sales quotas, hence why I jumped ship. They were in the process of bringing in sales as part of the notebook agents' job and I flat out refused because the contract I signed stated 'tech support' only. The day I was supposed to go into training for sales was my first day of training for my new contract...perfect timing
      Perfect timing is right! Funny thing is, they never told me about the quota when I took the job. They told me I might have to sell if it's part of the solution.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        They told me I might have to sell if it's part of the solution.
        That makes sense if the product needs to be replaced and you can talk them into it. But having techs constantly trying to upsell seriously makes me NOT want to call tech support even when I need it.

Comment

Working...
        X