This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro' Baptist Church goes to Iraq

As some of you may have heard, WBC are planning to picket Robin Williams' funeral. So far, so predictable.

But earlier this week, Adam Hills (the comedian) taunted the WBC, challenging them to put their money where their mouths were and go to Iraq, where there is actually a need for a defence of the Christian faith - and he would even pay for the tickets. Astonishingly, a message from the WBC seems to indicate acceptance of this (extremely dangerous) challenge.

It will be very interesting to see if they actually go through with this, and how they get on if they get there.

Linkie

This will not end well...for them at least
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm I a bad person for hoping they all die when they get over there?
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Good luck, WBBC!

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of back pedaling when they realize the danger they will be in.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Oh, but they have gone to Iraq, didn't you see that picture they posted? That nice, well-mown green lawn in front of an All-American home? Isn't that Iraq, like they said it was?

If they really are going, I suspect a lot of people would be willing to chip in towards their airline tickets (one-way, of course) and for a troop of armed guards to make sure they actually get onto the airplane. For their own safety, of course, not because I wouldn't trust them to actually get on the flight to Iraq and not run for the hills.

[/sarcasm]
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Accidentally" stamp their passports withתל אביב, ישראל
            (Tel Aviv, Israel)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, they "protested in Iraq" my wobbly white ass. Methinks they did it in front of a Middle Eastern Consulate and thought was good enough.
              I don't usually wish ill or harm upon people - but in this case, I'm hoping Karma is clapping her hands and chuckling with joy, because...well, what goes around comes around....
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Actually they took him up on the offer so he decided to do something that would annoy them more.
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  Good luck, WBBC!
                  You'll need it!!
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    Is there a link which doesn't involve Facebook?

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      Evil, I like it!

Although it would've pissed them off even more if he'd donated it to a LGBT health fund (Of course, going to children is better but still would've been hilarious!)
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        Is there a link which doesn't involve Facebook?
                        Sorry, this is the video of his response.
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                        X