This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusters' Build Team Is Dropped from Show

It looks like Discovery has dropped the Build Team from Mythbusters. Hopefully we can see Kari Byron, Grant Imahara, and Tory Belleci again.

'MythBusters' drops hosts Kari Byron, Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci - CNET

MythBusters: M7 Retrospective - Discovery
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

(pout) (sniffle) First they kill Dirty Jobs, now the Build Team gets bounced. This is NOT improvement in programming, Discovery!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Dirty Jobs has turned up on Animal Planet. Maybe the three of them will get their own show somewhere.

Comment

I can hope. They do seem to be a good team. Of course, that could just be acting, and maybe they hate each other off-camera.

I doubt it, though. They seem to have a bit of a sibling-group dynamic going.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I would love to see them in something like Mythbusters, but they couldn't call it mythbusters. I am sure they could come up with a decent name and reasonable budget. I am sure that M7 is also out as a name, Jamie was leasing that space for the build team to work in, and figure that he still leases it.

I admit, I always wondered why he didn't lease out part of the base at Alameda, since they liked working in that blimp hangar so much. He could have leases it out, partitioned off a fair chunk as offices and workshop and kept a huge hunk of it empty for doing stuff in. He would have had to not had the guns on site though.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If they were intending to spin the build team off to their own show, then they should have used MB as a backdoor pilot. Short of them showing up on a different network altogether, the synergy between them would have been worth a fortune.

But the send off I heard (a clip at the end of the episode), is pretty much the last thing you do for a group that's been such a big part of a show. They should have gotten a "Build Team's Top/Favorite Myths" special at the very least, along with a chance for them to say their farewells on camera. And if it were to go on to something else, advertise/ theme for it.

Feels like something bad was going on behind the scenes; probably between the MB production and Discovery network. That or there was some real bad blood happening that hasn't shown up on the show and convention circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X