This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Planning Ahead Is Good

A woman calls up needing 30 rooms for 30 families. The date she needs these rooms for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. She doesn't want to split them up into different hotels. While I understand her desire to keep everyone together it's going to be really difficult to do that in a town where most of the hotels are booked up for New Years before July rolls around. My boss told her the odds of that but she refuses to yield. Good luck lady

When oh when will people learn to plan ahead? Especially with such a large number of people for such a major day.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Really what is goign through a persons head when they do stuff like this?? My prediction is that you will be hearing back from her.

Comment

I know..i don't get it at all..then again, I plan WAY in advance....one of my friends is getting married in May 2008, and i already booked the hotel, and rental car - another friend and i are driving up, and we decided to rent. I found a REALLY cheap rate, like $125 for 5 days, and not a tin can on wheels, so I booked it!

I am so anal, I plan everything ahead, i also have the motel reservation for my college reunion next may in MD!

Comment

I had a lady call me at 8:50 PM to order a cake for 6 AM the next day. She got mad when I told her no can do, we can do it for 8:45 AM but since the first person arrives at 5 and the store opens at 6 their is no way that it can happen. Instead of accepting this she decided to try to call the store across the street, got the same answer then called back back, after the dept had closed. She tired to tell the MOD that I said i would personally make it fore her, but I had documented the situation and she left with nothing.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
          A woman calls up needing 30 rooms for 30 families. The date she needs these rooms for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. She doesn't want to split them up into different hotels. While I understand her desire to keep everyone together it's going to be really difficult to do that in a town where most of the hotels are booked up for New Years before July rolls around. My boss told her the odds of that but she refuses to yield. Good luck lady

When oh when will people learn to plan ahead? Especially with such a large number of people for such a major day.
          "But... but... it's only OCTOBER! You CAN'T be booked up for New Year's this early! You just CAN'T!!! I AM planning ahead!"

Because as we all know, if the customer says it, it must be true!
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Hey, at least she's calling you in October. She could have waited until December 29th or something.

"What do you mean you're already booked? It's still two days away! I demand you build 30 new rooms for me and my family... with an ocean view... and extra towels!
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

Man, am I glad that plan ahead
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My cousin got married over Labor Day weekend out in Colorado. At least she had enough sense to reserve blocks of rooms about a year in advance (especially since Labor Day weekend typically sells out) so that everybody could be accommodated. She also blocked at a variety of hotels, not just expensive or ultra cheap ones either. I also made sure to book everything for my family traveling out. I got an awesome deal on flights and we got first pick of hotels when we reserved.
                Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                  My cousin got married over Labor Day weekend out in Colorado. At least she had enough sense to reserve blocks of rooms about a year in advance (especially since Labor Day weekend typically sells out) so that everybody could be accommodated. She also blocked at a variety of hotels, not just expensive or ultra cheap ones either. I also made sure to book everything for my family traveling out. I got an awesome deal on flights and we got first pick of hotels when we reserved.
                  My friend did that, too. She got married on Thanksgiving weekend 6 years ago. At first her parents said she was nuts...until they found out how much money you save since it's not a big wedding weekend.

OT...GolfCart, you are posting as I am reading. I keep going back to the forum list after reading and there's a new post on the thread! Stop that!!
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X