Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just get the hell out of the way when I'm pushing a basket trolley!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just get the hell out of the way when I'm pushing a basket trolley!

Today I did a basket run. I had to push a trolley containing several collected baskets up and down the stores, dropping off the excess now and then... and several times, having to try and brake instantly cuz some dumbarse wandered in front. These things are hellish to control, they have less manoverability than the shopping trolleys so each time, I missed said dumbarses by inches. And they look at me like it's my fault they're too stupid to watch where they're going! Argh! -.-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

And then you have the ones who just stand there talking away while you stare a hole in them. And when they finally notice you, "Oh, am I in your way?"

I always answer, "No problem, I get paid by the hour."

Goes over real good when they are talking to one of the bosses.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

i don't stop. well, tell the person driving the machine to stop, i just steer and if they're dumb enough to get in the way(haven't had any that dumb) i'll probably just push them out of the way.

Comment

I hate the ones, where they watch you coming and they just stay in the way. That is when I keep going.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I hated when people used to jump out in front of me when I was collecting carts. On one particular day it was extremely busy so we had to collect carts as fast as possible. In an attempt to save time, two of us were bringing in a train of carts that was well over 20 carts long (seriously, it was fecking long - about 7 parking spaces long). I was in front steering the cart train and the other kid was pushing. Now, a train of 20+ carts has a lot of inertia behind it and they aren't easy to control. we had to bring the thing to a sudden stop at least 5 times because cars and people would suddenly jump out in front of us and stop. The back of my legs got all bruised up.

Granted it was sorta a silly thing to do, and it would have been safer to do them in smaller batches. But still, do people not notice the huge line of carts that are being pushed along?!

Comment

lol i do multiple lines of 20+(actually 50+, had it up to 90 one time, if you want to stop, run it into the building lol) on a daily basis, with someone behind me running the machine, we usually do 25-30 if we're doing it by hand, and we don't do that very often when the machine isn't broken. we have been told by management that if someone's being stupid(not the exact words from management) we are not to risk an injury to save a collision. even if we were to shatter someone's fender(not going to happen) safety is stressed, a fender is nothing to wal mart, but people are irreplaceable. and i'm also fairly certain that they'd rather pay a few hundred bucks to fix a car then have me be gone(on vacation or something) for a week

Comment

Working...
            X