This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you hate me, Lord?

Oi, nothing like being harassed by wannabe gang bangers on the way to work to start the night off well. >.>

The Hive

So, as I was waiting in line at 7/11 this evening I noticed something…moving…..in the doughnut case. That’s a red flag moment to begin with. But upon closer inspection it turned out to be a wasp. Lovely. I pointed this out to the girl who was doing inventory on said doughnuts at the time with the wasp right in front of her face and received the response:

"Oh, yes. They're just hungry! <giggle>"

That's so not the issue here….you have hate flies in your Simpson's movie doughnuts.

Full Moon

Me: "Are you calling to book a room?"
    SC: "Yes….no….uh….I'm a passenger!"

Whew! I'm glad we cleared that up. I was honestly worried there for a minute. I had NO idea who or what was calling me! I mean ANYONE could just pick up a phone and dial this number! Anyone! Even werewolves! Yes! Werewolves! They lust for human flesh and affordable accommodations in or around Las Vegas preferably on the strip with a 24 hour shuttle and a pool if at all possible.

Don't go out onto the moors at night!

Me: "Ok, and your name?"
    SC: "Tragically Shallow Genepool."
    Me: "Alright, a-"
    SC: "I'VE ORDERED FROM YEW BEFORE~#@"
    Me: ".....ok. What's your phone number?"
    SC: "xxx-xx-I'VE ORDERED FROM YEW BAEFOKAOE~#"
    Me: "...yes, but I still need this information to place a new order for you. So what's your phone number?"
    SC: "xxx-xxx-xxxx"
    Me: "Ok, and what's your postal code?"
    SC: "I'VE ORDERED FROM YEWA BAEFOR~$"

I AM AWARE OF THAT THANK YOU. However, I do have serious doubts about that claim the longer this call goes on. If you had truly ordered before I'd like to think that the client would have sent us some sort of notice or advanced warning or something. Even smoke signals or a carrier pigeon would suffice.

At the very least there better be a God damn cookie waiting for me at the end of this call....and it better be peanut butter too.

( Sadly there was no cookie. Only emptiness. )

Me: "Ok, so thats one <item>"
    SC: "YES!"
    Me: "in large and-"
    Me: "-black....."
    Me: "......anything else?"
    SC: ".....YES!"

There's a very obvious joke to be had here. However the mental image that accompanies it is horrifying enough to make a puppy cry tears of blood and hang itself with your daughter's jump rope on Christmas morning. From the tree.

So lets not go there.

Removing All Doubt

SC: "Hi, this is the blah blah hotel in Salt Lake City. Is Delta Airlines going to send us anymore passengers?"

Logic dictates you should call and ask Delta Airlines for this information. But luckily logic never entered into your thought process. Whew. Dodged a bullet there didn't you? You almost had one person in the entire world that you'd spoken with who didn't think you were some sort of low caliber quilt sucker.

Afterlife

"We had a dead skunk on the road out at....I completely forgot. One sec. Where are you Mr Skunk? Hmmm....Mr Skunnnk...."

Mr Skunk is heading towards the light. Let us have a moment of being stuck in an elevator with 5 other people and one of them just passed gas but no one wants to say anything so everyone just suffers in silence....in remembrance.

Suspense

SC: "The debit's down and I can't close out yesterday's….."
    Me: "……..yesterday's?"
    SC: "…….."
    Me: "…..yesterday's what?
    SC: "......."

Yesterday's sales? Batches? Accounts? Otters? Alaskan All Male Water Polo Stripper Platoon? What is it man? Speak up!

Pearls of Wisdom

Me: "it’s the South Terminal at the old airport."
    SC: "You say its called the Sales Terminal?"
    Me: "The South Terminal."
    SC: "Sooth Terminal?"
    Me: "South. As in the direction? South."
    SC: "Soaf Terminal?"

Pay attention. I'm trying to impart upon you a tiny nugget of the abstract thing known as "knowledge". It is something you have a dire need for even if you are unaware of it yourself. I keep dropping this sparkling gradual of wisdom and you keep failing to catch it. Considering the sheer absence of this substance in your life I wouldn't be ignoring it so nonchalantly if I were you. I'd be diving to the pavement after that little bugger and licking it off the sidewalk like a starving dog after a bacon bit.

Me: "Alright, would you like anything else?"
    SC: "Jus' a minute, he's lookin' at hats."

I'm sure he is. Since you've already ordered the pants. That could only leave hats. I'm sure he's looking at the hats. *Really* looking. Since you just had to order them I'm also assuming he's not wearing any pants while he gazes lustfully at the hats. Knowing the unnatural obsession men from your area seem to have with the head adornments in question so I can with a reasonable amount of confidence predict that as soon as that package arrives your marriage / civil union / relative you were accidentally impregnated by at the last family reunion is probably over. He'll spend the long, cold nights curled up on his sweat stained plaid couch quietly rubbing his new love against his groin while he watches reruns of Danger Bay on the one TV in the house that still works but is sitting atop of the other TV which doesn't work because you don't own a TV stand so you just threw the table cloth you stole from KFC over the old one.

Day 1... ><
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Even werewolves! Yes! Werewolves! They lust for human flesh and affordable accommodations in or around Las Vegas preferably on the strip with a 24 hour shuttle and a pool if at all possible.
    Damnit, and I missed them while I was in Vegas for my brother's wedding? Crap! I could've gotten bit, and become a shaggy were-femme? I want my lycanthropy, damnit!
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Afterlife

"We had a dead skunk on the road out at....I completely forgot. One sec. Where are you Mr Skunk? Hmmm....Mr Skunnnk...."

Mr Skunk is heading towards the light. Let us have a moment of being stuck in an elevator with 5 other people and one of them just passed gas but no one wants to say anything so everyone just suffers in silence....in remembrance.
      I just have to know, what the hell company hired your company to take calls about fricken roadkill??
      I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

"Oh, yes. They're just hungry! <giggle>"

That's so not the issue here….you have hate flies in your Simpson's movie doughnuts.

><
        OW! I...I think I gave myself a hernia laughing! "Hate Flies"????? That's BRILLIANT! That's so perfect a name, I'm suprised it isn't, you know, an official common name or something!

Comment

He'll spend the long, cold nights curled up on his sweat stained plaid couch quietly rubbing his new love against his groin while he watches reruns of Danger Bay on the one TV in the house that still works but is sitting atop of the other TV which doesn't work because you don't own a TV stand so you just threw the table cloth you stole from KFC over the old one.
          Thank you. I want to die after that mental image.

Comment

Much like what could be found in that person's skull, hm?

Alaskan All Male Water Polo Stripper Platoon?
            Ooh! I want pics!

Pearls of Wisdom

Me: "it’s the South Terminal at the old airport."
            SC: "You say its called the Sales Terminal?"
            Me: "The South Terminal."
            SC: "Sooth Terminal?"
            Me: "South. As in the direction? South."
            SC: "Soaf Terminal?"
            No, we all know that Canadians pronounce the word south a bit differently than those of us a bit further, well, south. But still, this person is too stupid for words.

I keep dropping this sparkling gradual of wisdom and you keep failing to catch it.
            So.... is a gradual anything like a granual?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Or like a granule?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

sigh..... my system at work doesnt allow previouse orders to be looked up, because we aren
                t customer service. That way you dont have to worry about every tom dick and harry having your credit card number.....

but daily at least once i hear...
                Hey my names Bob Im a moron.
                Ok bob...
                Yeah should already be in the system because i discouncted just 5 minutes ago after giving my credit card number to someother girl (its always after they the card number)
                oh ok so how can i help you.
                I want you to tell if my order went through.
                Unfortuantly for the protection of our customers we are un able to olook up orders after they left our screen. If you those kinds of questions you would have to call customer service, which isnt open until monday... or until 9am (depending on the call) but if the other girl didnt confirm it it didnt go through so i can help you right now if you want.
                so... what should i do?
                Either wait to call customer service to see if it went throught which you wont be able to for 24-48 hours anyways. or place an order through me right now.
                so.... what are you going to do
                Either give you that number or take your order.
                No about my other call.
                Nothing, i cant do anything about.
                you can see where this is going.
                9 times out of ten they just place the order again to get it out of the way.

Comment

Wait, KFC has tablecloths?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Painfully beautiful as always, Gravekeeper.

PS - tell your folks that whatever they did to 'fix' the computers at my store a few days ago (They did it from 3-6 am) didnt' work... Now they keep freezing up.

*gives Gravekeeper cookies*
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I say: url=http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/15/i-made-you-a-cookie/][/url]

GK says:
                      Attached Files
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1
                        I just have to know, what the hell company hired your company to take calls about fricken roadkill??
                        The city district ( ie municipal workers ). They're responsible for shoveling dead things off the road.

Quoth Andara Bledin
                        Originally. But I hold no responsibility for what Office's spellchecker does to my journals when I'm rushing to get out of the office at the end of my shift. >.>

Quoth Horsetune
                        PS - tell your folks that whatever they did to 'fix' the computers at my store a few days ago (They did it from 3-6 am) didnt' work... Now they keep freezing up.
                        That sounds about right. The night techs aren't the most reliable bunch. Consider yourself lucky if we can even get them to get up and answer the phone. -.-

Becky:

That ones already been used on one of my shift reports. <cough>

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          OW! I...I think I gave myself a hernia laughing! "Hate Flies"????? That's BRILLIANT! That's so perfect a name, I'm suprised it isn't, you know, an official common name or something!
                          It's SO freakin' true! Really! *HATES wasps, bees, and anything else that stings with the fire of a thousand, nay, a million suns*
                          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

You deserve a whole plateful of peanut butter cookies!

The city district ( ie municipal workers ). They're responsible for shoveling dead things off the road.
                            Around here the road commission workers take care of road kill. I watched one of them bury a dead skunk right next to my mailbox one day.

Retail Haiku:
                            Depression sets in.
                            The hellhole is calling me ~
                            I don't want to go.

Comment

At the very least there better be a God damn cookie waiting for me at the end of this call....and it better be peanut butter too.

The Hate Flies ate 'em!

They don't just like doughnuts, y'know!

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X