This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're happy aren't you? Language.

So my first SC story from the new job, I have left full time employment at the Big Blue and Yellow box. Now I work as a Service Technician for a large cellphone service. So far the job is great and I love the company I work for.

But today I had the task of calling people back when we get their phones back from the service center. I pull this one box open, see the note from the service place that there was moisture damage found on the phone. The even put a nice little picture in with a red arrow from an electronic microscope to show the damage.

Call begins.

Me: Hello this is Jet from Cellplace, was calling to let you know we have your phone back from service.
    SC: Who is this?
    Me: Jet from Cellplace service department.
    SC: Alright.
    Me:It looks like our tech there found moisture damage on the phone. If you'd like w...
    SC: That is fucking unbelievable! Hes only had that goddamn phone for two weeks! I'm really mad!
    Me: Well ma'am....
    SC: I am NOT HAPPY!
    Me: Ma'am the techs sent us an image of the corrosion.
    SC: I'm really not happy about this! You guys have been screwing me over since I joined!
    Me: Well we can...
    SC: I am NOT HAPPY! Its unbelievable. Who is your manager?! I want to speak with him.
    Me: The store manager is B, hes not in the shop right...
    SC: Of course hes not, they never want to do their fucking job.
    (At this point I pause, getting a word in edgewise is not happening)
    SC:...
    Me: Ok well as I was saying, he is at the other store at the moment. I'd be happy to take your number, contact him and have him contact you as soon as possible.
    SC: I am not fucking happy, there is no way he got water in that fucking phone.
    Me: Ma'am is it ok for him to call you back.
    SC: Hell yes I want him to call me back. I AM NOT HAPPY!
    Me: Alright, I'll pass the information on.

So her son had the phone for about two weeks, hes 15 year old. There was a substantial amount of corrosion on the main board. He got something in it. So my first time being yelled at at the new job, nothing I'm not used to or able to handle. I think we have a satisfied customer on our hands don't you agree?

Gee...think she was unhappy?

*ducks*

"In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Sadly, for some people, that is how they sound when they're happy.

And, if that's the case, I'd hate to imagine what they'd sound like when they're not.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, sheesh, didn't you know it's obviously you, the service tech's, fault that there's moisture in little Timmy's phone? I mean, you know teenage boys these days can do no wrong.

It's people like that who've slowly made me lose faith in humanity.
        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

a 15 y/o get moisture in a phone? no way, he couldn't have spilled a drink on it or anything to be expected from a 15 y/o like that

Comment

The way I read that, it sounded like the techs had the phone for 2 weeks.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's what she gets for buying a cellphone for a teenager....
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

"Pregnant? No fucking way! I've only been sleeping with him for 2 weeks! I am NOT happy!"

Comment

of course it couldn't be widdle pwecious' fault; how dare you suggest her son have anything to do with the damage, you horrible person you?

of course she's satisfied, look at the repeated statement, "i'm not happy..." that's cs speak for 'you're outstanding and i LOVE you.'
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                    "Pregnant? No fucking way! I've only been sleeping with him for 2 weeks! I am NOT happy!"

I knew a girl who got preggo the first time she ever did the nasty. Talk about bad luck.
                    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Baby brother dropped his cell phone into the RIVER this last June during Drunk Fest, the annual tubing day down the river on Father's Day.

Who was at fault? Baby brother. Did Mom call Cell One and scream up a storm that he couldn't possibly have done it? Nope.

It's called responsible parenting. If this doorknob thinks her teenage son is incapable of spilling shit, she's sadly mistaken.

EMBEZZLING? I've only been doing it for 2 weeks! I cannot believe you're arresting me! I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Gee, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that caller was not happy.

"MURDER!? Whaddaya mean you're arresting me for murder? Just because the guy's got a hole in his head and I've got a smoking gun in my hand? I was just hunting! I'M NOT HAPPY!"

Or "Whaddaya mean you're throwing me out! The Cardinals' guy hit Prince Fielder! So I had my guy plunk Albert Pujols in the 8th inning down 3-2 leading to a 4-run inning for the Cardinals! Everybody knows when the other team hits your guy, you hit theirs! I'm Ned Yost and I"M NOT HAPPY!"
                        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                          I knew a girl who got preggo the first time she ever did the nasty. Talk about bad luck.
                          It happens. A lot. That's why there are precautions to take. Equipment, if you will, to use.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post

But...but...I thought you couldn't get pregnant the first time!!! My BFF Jill told me so!!!

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

"MURDER!? Whaddaya mean you're arresting me for murder? Just because the guy's got a hole in his head and I've got a smoking gun in my hand? I was just hunting! I'M NOT HAPPY!""
                            Are you......Dick Cheney???
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              But...but...I thought you couldn't get pregnant the first time!!! My BFF Jill told me so!!!
                              Apparently my friend thought so too..........

Jimmy-hats, kids! They are a wonderful thing!
                              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                              X