Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for a company that makes multitudes of radio and cellular phone equipment, among many, many other things. We have many departments, but only a few of them are open after hours. Unfortunately, we get routed their calls sometimes after hours, and people do not understand that just because I work for *mycompany* it doesn't mean I know everything about all our technologies, and for some reason, in their minds, "after hours emergency support for radio and 911 equipment" equals "I can totally fix/troubleshoot/replace your broken cell phone, which is totally an emergency because you need it, which is obvious since you obviously don't have another phone at your disposal, like the one you're calling me on."

Also, on a daily basis, we get calls for: XM radio, some local online university, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and the DVM/PD in some town in TX, where a cop giving out tickets has been writing down the wrong number. Those people are the most fun, although all of the above callers are shocked that we don't know what number they should call, and want us to transfer them if we happen to have the numbers on hand. Oh, and the BC/BS little old ladies are often TMI callers, who tell us life stories and refuse to believe we're not their insurance company.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
    X