This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are as dumb as rocks...with lips.

One phone call & 3 e-mails later, I really am as dumb as a rock...with lips. Read on to find out the story behind that one!

Me: Hi, may I speak with Mr. Jones?
    MJ: No, but this is Mrs. Jones. Speak to me.
    Me: Sure. We understand that your husband is interested in high-speed service and would like to offer it to him at this time.
    MJ: What? What is THAT about?
    Me: High-speed service---
    MJ: I don’t understand you!
    Me: We received notice that Mr. Jones is interested in high-speed—
    MJ: I need to call you later. I am “on the road” right now. (click)

Customer: At 6:45 I tried to call you and spent 30 minutes on hold listening to your damn non-stop commercials when finally a moron answered (no disrespect to the morons of the world). Your technicians are the equivalent of a rock with lips.

Customer: I pay for your service, why don’t I have access to all the special crap you have?

Customer: I am well-educated on getting swindled by complicated scams.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

If it whines like a customer, screams like a customer, and quacks like a customer......

Say it with me boys and girls.....
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
      One phone call & 3 e-mails later, I really am as dumb as a rock...with lips. Read on to find out the story behind that one!

Me: Hi, may I speak with Mr. Jones?
      MJ: No, but this is Mrs. Jones. Speak to me.
      Me: Sure. We understand that your husband is interested in high-speed service and would like to offer it to him at this time.
      MJ: What? What is THAT about?
      Me: High-speed service---
      MJ: I don’t understand you!
      Me: We received notice that Mr. Jones is interested in high-speed—
      MJ: I need to call you later. I am “on the road” right now. (click)

"On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again!"

Customer: At 6:45 I tried to call you and spent 30 minutes on hold listening to your damn non-stop commercials when finally a moron answered (no disrespect to the morons of the world). Your technicians are the equivalent of a rock with lips.

Speechless.

Customer: I pay for your service, why don’t I have access to all the special crap you have?

Because we hate you?

Customer: I am well-educated on getting swindled by complicated scams.
      So you graduated with a PhD in being stupid? Well done!
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
        "On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again!"
        This is exactly what my co-worker & I started singing after we stopped laughing at this nut.

ALSO, if anyone can draw a rock with lips, I would be most grateful. haha!
        Last edited by Phone Jockey; 10-03-2007, 02:29 AM. Reason: Forgot my addendum

Comment

Hmmmm....... Do pet rocks have lips? Does that mean you are hiring pet rocks to work as technicians?
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Um... we have had reached some of those very same "techs" when calling Earthlink to get them to fix whatever problem they've managed to cause for this month. I kid you not; the people they have answering their customer service lines these days don't even know how Internet access works (one gem was that "dial up connections don't use DNS servers"), and managed to munge up our account information to the point where there had to be no less than 4 calls made to get them to straighten it out (one old maintenance account held by my ex, and one live account held by me, and they couldn't figure out how to bill them to the right people).

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Um... we have had reached some of those very same "techs" when calling Earthlink to get them to fix whatever problem they've managed to cause for this month. I kid you not; the people they have answering their customer service lines these days don't even know how Internet access works (one gem was that "dial up connections don't use DNS servers"), and managed to munge up our account information to the point where there had to be no less than 4 calls made to get them to straighten it out (one old maintenance account held by my ex, and one live account held by me, and they couldn't figure out how to bill them to the right people).

^-.-^
              I get the same whenever I try calling the "techs" at NTL/Virgin/whatevertheyarenow
              Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
              Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                If it whines like a customer, screams like a customer, and quacks like a customer......

Say it with me boys and girls.....
                It must be a Greater Spotted Dik Dik?
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                  Hmmmm....... Do pet rocks have lips? Does that mean you are hiring pet rocks to work as technicians?
                  Ummmmmmm, well...I uh...gotta go! Can't talk now!

PJ

Comment

This is completely OT, but Andara, the Scottish Fold in your avatar is just too cute!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yeah. I picked that one up from kittenbreak.com 'cause I wanted to join in the "kitteh avatar" fun.

It's kitten #28, found HERE.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

ALSO, if anyone can draw a rock with lips,
                        I could photoshop one crappily, or I could sketch one and take a week to do it... Or I could photoshop one and take a week to do it... I see the Bratz cartoon lips on a rock...
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          I could photoshop one crappily, or I could sketch one and take a week to do it... Or I could photoshop one and take a week to do it... I see the Bratz cartoon lips on a rock...
                          HAHA! Whichever you prefer! You should post it to this thread...that would be awesome!

PJ

Comment

Until Juwl delivers, Google-fu to the rescue! Through many, many pics of the band Flaming Lips, I found this:
                            Attached Files
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

andara i curse you and your cuteness... ohhh KITTIES!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X