Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    What's 'better' when it comes to editing old TV episodes to fit in more ads: leave intact but speed the whole thing up (sometimes to the point of unwatchability), or leave at normal speed but cut bits and not splice properly so it's obvious something is missing?
    I can understand the latter if commercial standards have changed since then, although it is a bit odd. If they're cutting stuff just for the sake of time though, yeah...not so much.

Comment

• It seems that most of the new ads they shoehorn in are pharma/insurance commercials, which weren't really a thing when the show was originally airing.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Is it possible to decently expose yourself? 'Excuse me l'd be very grateful if you'd look at this.Thank you kindly'?
        Or to decently assault someone-'Sorry to bother you but may l grab those and honk them?And if you wouldn't mind me pulling that down and having a squeeze..Most kind of you.Very much appreciated and apologies for any inconvenience...' ��
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I am watching the Ted Bundy movie with Zac Efron. Bundy was a monster but I really like this orange and brown cardigan he is wearing in this scene.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Is it possible to decently expose yourself? 'Excuse me l'd be very grateful if you'd look at this.Thank you kindly'?
            Or to decently assault someone-'Sorry to bother you but may l grab those and honk them?And if you wouldn't mind me pulling that down and having a squeeze..Most kind of you.Very much appreciated and apologies for any inconvenience...' ��
            In general, consent prevents it from being "an offense". Which doesn't necessarily make it appropriate, and especially you don't get to demand consent via social pressure.

Comment

• Quoth LadyofArc View Post
              Is it bad that I'm nearly 30 and still do this with Robin Hood: Men in Tights?
              In my 60s and it's the original Star Wars trilogy.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Emailed my veterinarian to ask if I should warm up the insulin before injecting my cat; he's jumped a couple of times, startled by (I'm guessing) the sudden chilly blob under his epidermis.

Somebody responded with an email containing a helluva!! lot!! of!! exclamation!!! points!!!!!.

Holy crap, lady, a simple "No, it must be refrigerated and not ever warmed up" would have been sufficient.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  Emailed my veterinarian to ask if I should warm up the insulin before injecting my cat; he's jumped a couple of times, startled by (I'm guessing) the sudden chilly blob under his epidermis.

Somebody responded with an email containing a helluva!! lot!! of!! exclamation!!! points!!!!!.

Holy crap, lady, a simple "No, it must be refrigerated and not ever warmed up" would have been sufficient.
                  I can emphasize with them. Consider the last ten clients they've dealt with, and guess the odds that at least two of them would qualify for stories here.

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                    I can emphasize with them. Consider the last ten clients they've dealt with, and guess the odds that at least two of them would qualify for stories here.
                    That is a possibility, of course. And I haven't been a client there nearly long enough for them to know I'm not one of those two.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      That is a possibility, of course. And I haven't been a client there nearly long enough for them to know I'm not one of those two.
                      That's the thing -- you swung really close, saved only by your willingness to take correction.

To them, "keep the insulin cold!" is a big orange warning line, which they are used to "idiot customers" wandering across: E.g. "I left the bottle on the counter overnight, but it doesn't look like it spoiled..." or "I packed it in my luggage, I'll stick it in my friend's fridge when I get off the train..." So that would be the context in which they read your query.

Random pet-diabetes question: a human-diabetic commenter over on NAR commented that long-term hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) made them short-tempered and aggressive. Is that a thing with diabetic pets too?
                      Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 05-26-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• I finished watching Zac Efron's Ted Bundy movie last night, and immediately it popped up "Starting The Ted Bundy Diaries" in 5...4...3...

No thanks Netflix, I have had quite enough of that asshole for one night.

Comment

• You know, I really need a tee shirt that says, "Cat Slave" . . .

Comment

• ...or 'Pussy Servant'��

what...they mean exactly the same thing...��
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Normal Human: In my spare time I like to knit, read and garden. What are your hobbies?

Me: I make tiny outfits for my stuffed Porg and we go on adventures where I take pictures of her.

Comment

• I didn't know what a Porg was until this post had me Googling it. They're cute!
                                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                                X