This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are not in fast and the furious

This happened awhile back, but I still remember the main details.

While I was waiting for the bus, I watched a semi turn a corner. Nothing special, happens all the time because they're heading to a nearby store to drop off stuff.

However, some driver in a car that has seen better days drives up to the semi and then tries to drive right under the trailer.

Due to having to slow down, the Semi driver quickly stopped. So did the driver when they realized that trying to go under the trailer would smash the roof and windshield right off their car.

The driver then quickly backed up and drove away like a bat outta hell, probably because they embarrassed themselves in front of everyone there. Either that, or a possible passenger who was laughing their ass off at the driver for 'wussing out' even if it mean risking their lives.

I suspect it was either a teenager trying to imitate something they saw in the fast and the furious movies, or some old lady who thought she could try it to save time on driving.
    Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Maybe he just reeeeally wanted a convertible, and nobody ever explained to him that it doesn't quite work that way >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The Griswold family live near you?
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Maybe he just reeeeally wanted a convertible, and nobody ever explained to him that it doesn't quite work that way >_>

Reminded me of something I saw one summer a while ago here in My Hometown: a semi trying to turn a tight right corner onto the city's main downtown street. It had to, of course, swing as wide as possible to make it around the corner without going up over the curb and onto the sidewalk.

And some idiot in a tiny little car decided, "Hey, I can just drive right past him on his right-hand side!"

Then the semi swung right in an attempt to straighten out ...

*SQUOOSH*

It would've been interesting listening to the car's driver trying to explain that to their insurance company.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
          Then the semi swung right in an attempt to straighten out ...

*SQUOOSH*
          I've seen idiots try to do that with school buses. Seriously folks, there's a reason why the bus is slowing down. The driver is trying to make sure that the other lane is clear before they attempt to go around a tight corner. Passing them in the right lane is a *guaranteed* way to have a bad day.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X