This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day for my pet peeve...

...bad week, really. I've been in IT for over a decade now, and if there's one thing I can call out as a distinct pet peeve, it's people that do not read.

The helpdesk does not read our notes.

The users do not read directions.

Nobody bloody reads the emails we send them.

I know by now it's fruitless to complain. And yet, here I am. C'mon, people....
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Strange, it looks like there should be a post but it's just blank space...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      Strange, it looks like there should be a post but it's just blank space...
      Blank space?!?!

I'll put a blank space between yer ears, I will!

(even bigger than the one ya already got)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
        ...bad week, really. I've been in IT for over a decade now, and if there's one thing I can call out as a distinct pet peeve, it's people that do not read.

The helpdesk does not read our notes.

The users do not read directions.

Nobody bloody reads the emails we send them.

I know by now it's fruitless to complain. And yet, here I am. C'mon, people....
        Soory where you saying something?
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

One of my coworkers just threw a fit tonight--justifiably so--because a customer wanted to know why his account was credited. There were no notes to explain it. I admit I am not the best at noting things. I'm better at fixing them than documenting the fixes. I'm working on it.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

RealUnimportant, Rosco the Iroc... I don't know if we're helping I suspect we're Rascals...

"Rascal is the dog and he ain't too bright.
            Me and Rascal were sitting on the couch last night,
            When my woman came in and she started to cry.
            She looked at us with such terror in her eyes."

"She says, 'I raised these children for eighteen years
            And now they're both growing up and moving out of here,
            And my big reward for all that I've been through,
            Is this dog as dumb as mud,
            This dog as dumb as mud,
            This dog as dumb as mud and you.' "
            Last edited by dalesys; 03-25-2017, 01:47 AM. Reason: More good better
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

dalesys: Sadly aliteracy is an all too common affliction with no known cure. The best treatment is 25ml of your favourite spirit, taken repeatedly as required (once your workday is over, preferably!)
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
              X