X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the man without a name (badge)

To the man without a name.
    I use to be a fill in, covering any store that needed a warm body for a day.
    Which was fun, interesting, and aggravating when regulars wouldn’t get their heads round the fact I have never been there before and therefore didn’t know where anything was, or the area, and couldn’t get on their IT systems.

However; there was one place where someone got it, without me having to explain it or giving me grief over it, in fact he went out of his way to make my life easier.

Showed me where the break room excetra was, and explained which lockers not to both with because they had a habit of jamming/ refusing to unlock. Also, warned me off the vending machine that was guaranteed to take your money and not give you anything.
    Actually, told me where the fire escape and meeting area were, just in case.
    (Never but never has that happened before or since. I always had to ask, and often get a why the bleep do you need to know look)

Didn’t get snippy at me for not being psychic and having to ask where stuff was, or opening doors I wouldn’t have codes to (like the break room).

Letting me off site as soon as my shift was done, rather than muck me about and not let me sign out till the place was clear of customers. In his word “We get paid for it, you don’t”
    He actually asked how I was getting home, and let me know that the transport links were in a word variable. (I got it by the skin of my teeth. If I’d have stayed even five minutes after my paid shift ended I’d have been waiting over an hour to get home.)

There were loads of other things, but this guy made life nicer in a hundred small ways.

Good bosses/supervisors/team leads can make an amazing difference.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
    X