Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Unsupportable

Old 11-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
"It keeps saying 'incorrect username or password,' but I'm entering the right password!"
Not the same guy, but--

If you say this, and I reset your password, and you get the "incorrect username or password" error while entering the temp password, it makes me question whether you were entering the right password.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 11-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Non-local keyboard? ... or configuration?

I wrote a Dvorak driver for a TRS-80 Model I for a friend, OUAT...

Old 11-19-2018, 05:49 AM
Assistant Manager

If the cable you're using for a laptop stops working, do not tell the IT folks that you gave them the "wrong cable for this computer," and demand that they "bring you the right cable for this computer!" (Both were the exact same make and model btw)

All it results in is the IT guy lecturing you on this LOUDLY across the office and everyone else secretly wondering why the hell you proudly refer to yourself as a shit-stirrer

Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM

If you're sitting waiting in the queue for as long as you were because of a network-wide issue with AppX, and there's a message up on the incoming voice line on our phone system advising you of said AppX issue...

...for the love of Pete, the first thing out of your mouth should NOT be a question about whether there's an issue with AppX.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:42 PM

Gettin' reeeeeal sick of lusers at The Client trying to get out of my handholding "here's how you can fix this easy yourself" instructions by pulling the "I'm not tech savvy" card.

Guess what, folks? You work at a government agency. It is Twenty Goddamn Nineteen. Everything is on computers now. GET TECH SAVVY.

There are plenty of resources available to help you out with this. No, not us at the service desk, we're too busy to play tutor for you. But let me say this, if my Mom, who was the least tech savvy person I knew, can learn enough to be able to do her own troubleshooting-- without taking a single class, by the way-- then there's no excuse for you.

I really shouldn't be hearing a bewildered "Uhhhh" when I ask someone to look for something on their taskbar.

</vent>

Old 03-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
If you're sitting waiting in the queue for as long as you were because of a network-wide issue with AppX, and there's a message up on the incoming voice line on our phone system advising you of said AppX issue...

...for the love of Pete, the first thing out of your mouth should NOT be a question about whether there's an issue with AppX.
A couple of times I've been on hold with support lines and the first thing out of my mouth when they picked up was "Well, your hold message just answered two of my questions, so I've only got one left..."

Once it was "I think your hold message was going to answer my question but you picked up before it finished."

Old 03-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Valentinian View Post
A couple of times I've been on hold with support lines and the first thing out of my mouth when they picked up was "Well, your hold message just answered two of my questions, so I've only got one left..."

Once it was "I think your hold message was going to answer my question but you picked up before it finished."
That's priceless! Unfortunately I'm usually only on hold with HMRC, and being repeatedly told that I can find answers on their website when I'm calling because the website wasn't any use is not fun.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
That's priceless! Unfortunately I'm usually only on hold with HMRC, and being repeatedly told that I can find answers on their website when I'm calling because the website wasn't any use is not fun.
You have now reminded me of the recorded hold message that informed me that some technological hand-wavery or other was responsible for the company's webpage being down for [period of time including that day], and went on to inform me that I could check their webpage for information about this and other outages instead of waiting on hold. The employee who eventually picked up did not understand what was wrong with that message when I told him about it.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Valentinian View Post
Our ISP normally has a very good message when I've called abour a fault, wouldn't get to them picking it up if you stay on the line as it's 2 minutes of upselling and phone trees.

Last edited by Naaman; 03-01-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:48 PM
Cashier

Yo. Morons. I was annoyed enough at having to submit a ticket in order to correct a single piece of information in my HR card, because I found out I had to after four emails back and forth. Ticket's been open a week and I've heard zilch from anyone. Don't you dare ask why I escalated.