This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    BUT WHY IS delivery time over an hour????????

Because 50 other people decided to order before you idiot.
    Sounds like the times when Halloween was on a weekend and we were under an effective house arrest. The second time, we got smart and placed our order as soon as place opened for delivery at 6:00 PM
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth Lovecats View Post
      eggs, too. So you can make egg sandwiches.
      French toast

Comment

• All I can say, is thank Hephaestus for gas stoves. A couple of years ago my Mom still had electric, and when her power went out for a while, she had to go live with my sister for the duration.

That said, PBJs need no excuse.

Comment

• Just now...
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

• Quoth Lovecats View Post
            Around here (North Carolina) it's usually eggs, too. So you can make egg sandwiches.
            Was at my store when we had the last "snow panic." Our egg truck came the following Tuesday and the driver had plenty of room to put the egg delivery in. Had 3 pallets of empty crates to take back, too.

At my store, we had a special truck arrive with 6 pallets of water on it. Just water. Grasshopper and Sheldon made a pallet display with at least 4 of those near the front end and another 3 pallets up front near the entrance. Sold down to about 2 pallets within a couple of days.

And of course, you gotta have snack foods . . . we had to take our front Frito Lay endcap down because it was wiped out . . . and their trucks were parked at the local warehouse (in High Point) for 2 days due to road conditions . . . we had another pallet of 24 pk store brand water sitting in its place that sold down quickly.

So I guess our customers sat around eating egg sandwiches, chugging down milk and water and snacking on potato chips and Doritos.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              And of course, you gotta have snack foods . . . we had to take our front Frito Lay endcap down because it was wiped out . . . and their trucks were parked at the local warehouse (in High Point) for 2 days due to road conditions . . . we had another pallet of 24 pk store brand water sitting in its place that sold down quickly.
              I can actually understand the snack foods. If you have electric hobs/ovens or just a microwave/toaster oven and the power goes out then you're limited to eating tinned stuff (often revolting cold) sandwiches (if it's cold enough to put the perishable fridge contents outside, and animals don't get into it) and snack foods.

The worry of having no way to heat food/get hot water is what's always kept me from getting electric hobs. At least with gas you can light it with a match.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Service writer to tech- put this cap and tailgate on the truck!
                Tech- OK.....
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

• dealership pay scale
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

• AkaiKitsune

Comment

• Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post

<snipo>

Yup Saturday is my long long shift
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• AkaiKitsune

Comment

• AkaiKitsune

Comment

• AkaiKitsune

Comment

• via Imgflip Meme Generator

So, if you see me restocking the drink chiller, don't reach over my head, grab a drink I just put there and whine that it's not cold.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Yep, it's still going on.
                              Last edited by EricKei; 06-18-2018, 12:12 AM. Reason: No politics, please
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                                X