This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to be more accommodating

Imaging tech at a semi-rural outpatient clinic. We call our outpatients the business day prior to their exam to remind them and go over any prep that needs to be done.</bkgd>

Air Head called this particular fellow so I only heard her side of the conversation, but she told me all about it after she hung up.

AH: Hello, this is Air Head from <hospital> calling to remind you of your appointment....*explains test is in two parts: get injection in the morning, come back later in the afternoon for the scan*

PT: I'm coming from <county about 45 min away> and I won't have anything to do for three hours!

AH: Unfortunately, that is the way the test goes. I also have another person in front of you. Depending on how long their exam takes, I might be able to get you in a little sooner, but I can't promise anything.

PT: My doctor's office didn't tell me it was going to be that long! They told me two hours tops and I'd be done.

AH: I'm not sure where they got that information, but as the person who will be doing your test, I can tell you exactly what we're going to do. Unfortunately, I can't shorten the three hour circulation time.

PT: But I'm from out of town! I don't know the area and I won't have anything to do!

AH: Well, there aren't any restrictions for this exam, so if you wanted to go get some lunch in between, you could. There's a Cracker Barrel right down the road.*

PT: I just don't understand why it's so long. You guys should be more accommodating.

And round and round and round again.

Well, cupcake, I don't really know what you think we can be more accommodating about. Do you want the test to be accurate or not? We don't have to call you. We don't have to give you directions to the facility. We don't have to tell you what's in the area. Google is a thing and you're not so far in the sticks that internet access isn't available somewhere. We certainly aren't going to entertain you like a toddler because, hey, we have work to do. So either bring a book or use Google to find something.

*There are several restaurants nearby and a mall about a 15 minute drive away. I actually live in the area and so do several of my coworkers, so if he was nicer, we could have suggested something. Yunno, to be more accommodating.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

But whyyyyyy can't you make his bodily functions work faster? You're so meeeeeeean!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X