This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the writing already on the wall?

So, at work they've decided to cut the hours from 40 hours a week to 37.5 hours a week, and they've also revamped the bonus structure. The reason they've given out is that we've got too much staff already and they don't want to lay anybody off.

Yet, they've made it harder to meet the requirements for the bonuses. And the original plan was to have 500 employees by now...yet we're lucky if we have 200 active employees, including those in training.

Also, they seem to be looking for the smallest reason to fire people, especially those who are still in their probationary period. New classes will hit the floor and it appears that less than half of the class makes it through their first month for whatever reason, and it's not necessarily because they can't handle the job either. One of my friends was let go not long before his probation was up for not meeting a minor call stat that is apparently not important yet he was doing well in all the important areas.

A lot of the things that were promised have been 'delayed' and the feeling on the floor is not exactly positive. Many of us are looking for new jobs because with many of the new changes that have been made really make us wonder how much longer this place will be open...and we only opened early this summer.

I've been actively looking for a new job myself because of the lies that have been uncovered since the place opened. And that is even before getting in payroll issues I've had where the payroll person took upon themselves to not submit three days' worth of worked hours, among other people's pay getting routinely screwed up...as if they expect us to not notice when we're missing money -_-

Yup. You are seeing the first phases of a problem.

You still have a job. Don't have to panic yet. You can be picky about where you decide to go. Keep your options open.

Interview tip:
    If asked why you are looking to leave your current job, say that you are not looking. Tell them why this job is better for your career and your personal growth (Yeah, that could be tough), so you wanted to look into it. Do not mention better pay, benefits, hours, commute, etc. And DO NOT mention fleeing the sinking ship.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yeah, they're playing stupid games, it looks like. Churning through employees keeps the costs for benefits down, as does cutting hours to juuuuuust under the line.
      Ship may or may not be sinking, but it can and will drown your ass and not care one bit. (Hell, it may be part of the intended operation)

As for the payroll not getting sent off... Don't know that it's related, but it's still not a good sign.

It's time to look into other places to be.

Comment

My place is playing games with hours/availability as well, and recently all the other AMs were busted down to shift leads and made to start clocking in/out. Of course M gets to stay as our AM, and we continue to be treated like children by her (and by extension by V).

A few of us have luckily-flexible side gigs (which managers know nothing about), and days off are no longer set making it hard for people who want or need a second real job to get one...in a few weeks I will need set days off and set shifts due to classes. That should be fun...
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X