Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just pay the damn nickel (Part 2: The Re-Nickeling)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still use plastic bags, mainly because of small trash and the cats' litterbox.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

A store that The Wife worked at recycled their billboard signs and made totes out of them. Big totes. It will easily hold six, 1 gallon water bottles. That sucker is SOLID. I wish we could still get them.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I quite like my boomerang bags ( https://boomerangbags.org/ ), made locally with donated fabric. The supermarket has a crate for them. The crate is also a good place to look for plastic bags as people will dump their used plastic bags in the crate to be reused.
        Last edited by dawnfire; 03-03-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          I still use plastic bags, mainly because of small trash and the cats' litterbox.
          I still use them too, for similar reasons. Why buy bags, when I get a million when I buy groceries (a rant in itself, but whatever)? I use up a fair few dealing litterboxes, but the rest get recycled.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My problem with using shopping bags for the cat litter is my shopping bags rarely don't have holes in them. I now use the Litter Genie, which is expensive, but is the perfect combo of no holes and restricts the stink. I have to scoop twice a day due to a kitten in the home with stinky bowls, so this is working well for me.

Comment

Again though, you get a million bags, so all you gotta do is put that bag inside another one.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                My problem with using shopping bags for the cat litter is my shopping bags rarely don't have holes in them.
                Yup. I used garbage bags for kitty litter... Twice, I think. Both times, there were holes. Never again. I use small sized bags in a small garbage can with a lid. I use less bags because I can go a week or so before changing it, since I have only the one cat.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I have found that cloth shopping bags have crossbred with coat hangers. That is, they keep mysteriously multiplying.

I keep getting freebies. For donating blood. As a promo from the city waste management. Swag from an event. Political campaign advertising. A thank you gift for a charitable donation. Even got one from a business class amenity kit.

Every so often, I bundle up a bunch & donate to a homeless charity.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    Yeah me too, but I've found that when I'm running low on plastic bags, I ask on Freecycle, and get another couple of years' worth of bags. That way, I can (mostly) use my cloth bags while shopping and feel virtuous.

Comment

I used to use the plastic bags for picking up poop when I walked my dog or took her to the dog park. Now that she is gone I have a pile of them so into the recycling bin they go. I will keep a few for my small trash liners.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        I've had a number of customers tell me they won't pay the five cents "on principle."
                        Ever notice that those who talk about "the principle of the thing" never have any actual principles themselves? 🤔
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          Does the Tardis bag look quite small but is astonishingly spacious inside?
                          Unfortunately, no. I cut it smaller than I thought, so it doesn't hold a lot. My Dalek bag, on the other hand, is larger. Had a guy walk up to me at the Sacramento Airport and tell me, "Cool bag there." He was quite impressed when I told him I made it myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X