This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost was "that guy/gal"

My call center job decided last month they did not have enough coverage for the evening hours and changed my and several other people to 11:30-8, supposedly just until they hire seasonal and get them up and running. This has obviously pushed back things that normally get done after work. I used the last of the water in the jug while making myself a cup of coffee after work (one of the few perks of the later shift, I don't have to worry about coffee keeping me up until 1 am when I have to work the next day), so a little bit after dinner hubby and I ran to lets call it Hie-V with three empty 5 gallon water bottles because they were open 24 hours. I usually don't go to this location late at night because while it's not a bad neighborhood, things are sometimes a little bit sketchy well after dark. Since hubby was along and has the blue you can park close card, I wasn't concerned about going there. Anyhow, we go in and as we were almost done filling the bottles the closing announcement went over the intercom. Hubby turned to me and said, "I guess we aren't doing any shopping then" As soon as the last bottle was full, we of course went straight to the check out. One of the managers was standing near the lane and Hubby asked him when they stopped being open 24 hours... March of last year was the answer.

No,you weren't that guy. If you were that guy,you'd be completing your shopping despite the announcement and complaining it was their fault for not telling you that they'd changed from 24/7..
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
    X