Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've definitely had the same thing happen. My husband and I had amazon prime, and whenever we ordered something that should have been delivered on Sunday it was never left. There were two instances where we had to track down a package at various local post offices. It would always be on a truck or moved around to a different office. We never had a package missed during the week.

When we finally called to complain about it, we were told the person who delivers on Sunday is different than our normal delivery person. What a lazy jerk.

Comment

I know security cameras are only good for "After the fact" incidents, but.......

This thread is seriously tempting me to get them installed just for mundane things like mail delivery, whose taking off with Mr. Gnome, ect. I know they won't deter much (because I like to keep my home defense/security quiet) but it would be nice to have.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I may have gotten a sub mailman in trouble too, but i didn't care. My complex, last year maybe, took out the individual, open, boxes outside each apartment door, and replaced them with those cluster of boxes, which lock. Which I'm fine with as I walk by on my way in each day, plus its more secure.

We also have a "package" box, where if its too large to fit in your box, but will fit there, they leave it in there, with a key in your box.

So one day I'm waiting for something to be delivered, and I see there's a sub. Go for the mail, and no package, and no key to the package box in my box.

I go inside, and it shows online as being delivered. So I knew the sub had screwed up. Anytime i've had issues with deliveries, its been when my normal mail guy is on vacation.

So i'm not happy, but figured I'd call Monday (this was a Sat) monday as i'm walking to my car, i see a key in the package box, and out of curiosity, I look in there. Looky there! its MY package. my guess is someone got the key by mistake, opened the box, and realized it wasn't for them. Can't fault them but it meant anyone could have taken my package.

So since its a royal PITA to get a live person on the phone, i emailed a complaint. i also asked what is the policy for packages? i'm assuming, but could be wrong, that they only put stuff for one person in at a time. But i don't know, even though that makes sense. I really just wanted to find out what the actual procedure and policy is, not to get someone in trouble.

so when i got home that night, i had a message from my local PO apologizing and saying the sub would be spoken too. oops.

FF another couple weeks, and i find a key to the package box in my box. But i couldn't open it, no matter how hard I tried. i see the mailguy up the hill at the next cluster of buildings, so i run up, and flag him down. Again, a sub, but not sure if the same one or not.

So he stops, gets out and gives me this huffy "what?" I politely said i can't open the box "again, with attitude "Which apt?" i tell him, and he gets in the truck, and zooms around, gets out, stalks down, opens the box, slams the door, and practically shoves the box at me! Ok asshole, fine.

i don't know if it was the same guy, and he recognized my apt # from the other incident, or just having a bad day. but really? took him all of 30 seconds to do that for me. I let it as since i was afraid of retaliation, but he was a jerk. so if it was him, and i got him in trouble, i dind't care.

Comment

They are talking about installing those community mail boxes where I am and I am dreading it. I have already decided that as soon as they start installing those in my neighbourhood that I will be heading to the local post office and renting a PO box. Where I live is sorta sketchy so I can see those mailboxes being broken into more than once, and considering that I order more than a few things online that are delivered in boxes, I'd rather not taken any chances.

Comment

I had a postal driver who got himself in trouble, by squeezing a power supply between two mailboxes at the end of the drive, because he refused to drive the distance up the drive to give the box to us. The power supply was damaged beyond use thanks to the jerk and I had to contact the shipper to let them know... >.< I then called our post office and chewed. He'd also do this with my parents' meds.. some of which were high on the list of "we get stolen from the mailbox."

This same driver would fail to drive up the driveway at all, simply leaving a little note that said, "Attempted delivery, no one home - went down drive." Bullshit. Pure bullshit. You see, Dad and I were standing outside his house at the time. OUTSIDE, right next to said driveway. Thanks to the dogs (drivers do not have to get out of vehicles), there was no way we could have missed you driving up the drive. I told his boss this and he was told to bring it back when he finished his route. See, being lazy cost you legit being lazy time! And this wasn't the only time he'd pull this shit. It was a constant "fun" thing for him to do and all three families complained.

He retired.. and the new lady is a vast improvement.

UPS, they save us to last. I know if something is coming via UPS, it won't arrive until after 5pm. Fedex, any time after noon. If I'm not home, they place the package on the porch. Nothing is going to steal it, unless it's something edible.. dogs are both a blessing and a curse, but they love the kids and will protect them from the wild animals and snakes with their lives.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post

*It says "Outgoing Mail - Not an ashtray!" It in no way resembles an ashtray.
              That won't stop people trying to use it as an ashtray. And the fact there is a sign there normally means someone has tried it. That's why they've had to put it there...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

One of the reason I will not buy things from places like Amazon and New Egg is not because I do not like the companies BUT because of the way the shipping companies handle deliveries.

In the past (a while back) I ordered a mid-range computer sound system and opted for 3 day delivery because that would mean it would be delivered on my day off. I SPECIFICALLY specified ADULT SIGNITURE REQUIRED (which I assumed meant that the deliver person HAD to at the very least knock on my door yes VERY naive of me at the time).

Now I live right next to a high school. THis is WHY I wanted an adult signature required delivery.

On the delivery day I check my tracking number and it showed "Out For Delivery" so I hung around the house waiting for my stuff to arrive. I was there the whole day.

I decided to check outside and found the package laying right out in the open in front of my door. $250 sound system (in the original package with shipping label) just sitting there for anyone to snatch. Luckily this was right before school let out so no harm done BUT I KNOW what could have happened.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  ss - thanks! fixed ^_^;>

My big issue is that, I've been told more than once that the USPS delivery peeps are *required* to knock or ring. I've had times when I was sitting in the front room, too, and only knew that something had arrived (or not arrived...) when I heard their truck revving up and pulling away. I can count the number of times they actually knocked/rung on one hand, at a place where I lived for over twenty years.
                  I've had this happen as well and I've been at the same address for 25 years. The only way I've found packages at times has been to open the front door to step out onto the front porch for a smoke and discover the package either lying on the table by the front door or sitting on the floor near the door.

I've actually had one occasion where I had a brown truck delivery and he actually met me at the back deck and actually helped me get the box up the steps and onto the deck (large box - it was my red fridge that I purchased for the office, BTW.)

I just propped open the back storm door, walked that box in the rest of the way and started breaking it down in the laundry room. Nice delivery guy, too (he's worked our area for years but I can't recall his name - but my brother would know. He knows everybody in the 'hood.)

Had one unfortunate incident w/a package left on the front porch that arrived not only mangled on one corner but the contents inside were broken in several places (a vintage mixer I had purchased on eBay that had been handpainted.) Wasn't Brown Truck but one of the other major ones that delivered it.

I took photos of the damage w/my digital camera (this was a few years before I had a smartphone w/camera,) uploaded the pics to the computer and emailed the seller and let her know what had happened (she was just as horrified at the mess as I was.)

IIRC she filed a complaint w/the carrier and every purchase I made since then from her (I had bought several pieces from her until she got sick and had to stop working ) they would come by Brown Truck or USPS.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I live in an appartment building. One in a complex of buildings but we are closest to the mail boxes up a flight of stairs. The postlady, on multiple occasions, didn't walk up to the door to deliver the mail and instead left the "tried to deliver" in the mailbox because she was too lazy.

After a $1500 item wasn't delivered, and my fiance took the day off to make sure he would receive it, we called the post master. The post master MADE HER COME BACK. As she was still on her route when we called (we estimated she was about 30 minutes away on the route from her normal times) and she had to stop, return, and deliver the package.

Hasn't happened since.

Except for the odd theft which was years ago and was apparently a postal worker stealing things. Yay for federal charges of mail tampering and recieving stolen goods? Estimated about $300 in product just from us. He liked the e-cig stuff the boy toy was ordering and would just scan the paypal printed mail tags and if he liked what it contained (did you know the pay pal mail tags told that?) he would tuck it away instead of sorting it like he was supposed to. Don't think he realized more than half of it was to two customers. Once he took the same order three times. That dealer started making mint though for a while. He insured them for double their worth and every other one or so would get "lost" and he would collect on it. That's probably why the post office finally took notice. XD

Comment

Working...
                    X