This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little kid in craft store

Went to a big-chain craft/fabric store this weekend and witnessed a little kid (maybe about 2) sitting among the fabric stands and ripping apart a coloring book. Kid's dad did correct him (We don't break things that are not ours!) so I have to give him some credit. I have to wonder if they bought the book though. It really would suck to buy something like that only to realize that pages have been torn.

When my youngest son was about 9 or 10, we were in the Lobby of Hobbies and he managed to knock off a small ceramic figure of some sort. Since it was near the front, close to the registers, someone came by rather quick to help clean up the mess. They wanted to dispose of the broken piece but I refused stating that if we broke something, we must pay for it. I carried the pieces with us until I finished shopping and handed it over when I handed over my other items to pay. The young lady refused to charge me for the item and chucked it rather quickly. At least my son thought we had paid for it and he learned a lesson not to try and handle breakables.....

Comment

I once knocked off a bottle of nail polish in a cosmetic store with my giant backpack (I was in high school at the time). I profusely apologised and offered to pay for it, but they said it wasn't much point. You can bet I got out of that store quickly after that!

ETA: As far as whether the dad bought the book or not, unless it was a really great quality book, most colouring books in craft stores tend to be the el cheap and nasty type, so they may have just damaged it.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I want a coloring book now.

With hot guys in it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I want a coloring book now.

With hot guys in it.
          Ask and ye shall receive
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When I worked at the garden centre, this woman came in with two demonic children who ran about the pet store, grabbing at stuff and banging on the cages. I told them off and shooed them away from the cages before they upset the animals too much; they then went round a corner and dragged a giant bag of dog food off a shelf on to the floor, where it split open. This garden centre was privately owned and the owner had a strict "you break it, you bought it" policy. So I told the mother that since her children had destroyed a perfectly good bag of dog food, she had to pay for it. She argued with me, then demanded the manager. I couldn't get hold of the manager, so I got the owner to come and speak to this woman. I had great pleasure seeing him lay into her. In the end, she paid for the dog food and left, swearing never to return as all SCs do. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Craft stores, in my experience, tend to have lower rates of screaming brats (as opposed to, say, the Mart of Wal) but higher rates of kids grabbing stuff and destroying it. I think the larger percentage of that type of store's wares being shiny, sparkly or both has something to do with it.
              Last edited by MadMike; 04-06-2015, 11:07 PM. Reason: Edited nickname for children
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X