This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I walked into a door today.

Was at a wholesale store today, love that place! It's not pretty, they don't really have sales (well, they do, but not like other places) or coupons or even shopping carts. Just flatbeds. Anyway, was leaving and I clipped the sliding door fairly hard with my shoulder. I just stopped and looked at the door like it had appeared out of nowhere. Then scurried off, suitably embarrassed. Well, tried to scurry, since I had a 25 lb bag of rice on one arm, and a 15 lb bag of black beans on the other.

I swear, I'm going to see myself on youtube...
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

The Incredible String Band were watching for you in 1970: Puppet Song

...now, you may have observed, when you walk into a wall, you get a certain sensation of reality...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One time I walked into what I thought was an automatic door. It turned out to be a glass wall.

Comment

I once walked into a window at a Wendy's. It was my first time there, and it had apparently once been a door, they just sealed it up and changed the actual door to a sheet of glass so it still looked like a door but it was a window. The lack of handle should have given me a clue.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

One time at work, one of the automatic doors slammed into the side of my face so violently it drove my glasses into my skin and gave me a nasty, bloody gash.

Comment

I walked into a perfectly clear glass door at a mall once. All the other stores were open, so I thought this one was, too. The door was perfectly clear, no fingerprints or reflections, no handles, signs or anything to suggest it was anything other than an open space. So I thought I'd walk into the store. BOOM. Quite embarrassing.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

In the last 10 or so years of my Grandfathers life he was legally blind [serious macular degeneration] and they put wild fowl stickers on the sliding glass door between the house and the sleeping porch at their summer house. I seem to remember a couple different types of ducks and a canada goose. Otherwise if someone slid the door closed he would walk into it because he couldn't see hat it was shut.

I have been known to walk into doors or open cupboard doors and black an eye, or drop a box in my face getting something off a shelf and split a lip. I swear, it occasionally looks like someone put the boot in and it is just my normal clumsiness =(
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I walk into doors and corners and walls all the time. I am guessing I average about one a week. I dunno I guess I just don't look at where I go? I get mystery bruises all the time where I know I must have run into something but never remember what, too.

The best one I saw was in high school, though. I went to City Name High (the OP's in my city and likely knows which one). They have BIG round pillars at the main entrance. A group of us were walking in, and one of my friends walked smack INTO the pillar. I'm not talking a glancing shoulder blow. Full on walked right into the middle of it. Bam! It was beautiful.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I once walked into a parking meter, and when recounting how it had happened to the person with me a few seconds later....yup did it again.
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I have a scar on my arm from walking with my arms swinging and slicing myself on the metal counter at a former job. Not once, but twice, and deep enough to scar!! After the second time I took a hammer to the seam. Lol

Comment

I walked into a plate glass window at a brewery once when I was still driving. I had arrived early and parked in their waiting area to sleep while waiting for my turn to unload. When I woke up to go to the dock, I had to go to the bathroom first. At this place you kinda go through a little feed to get into the building where the bathroom was located, and in my sleepiness I missed the entryway in favor of this (exceptionally clean and clear) window. I had a cut on the inside of my lip from my teeth, my lip swelled, and my glasses smashed hard enough against my nose that I wondered if I had fractured it...it hurt for about a month afterward right where my glasses rest on my nose.

Comment

Did that in high school once. Door on one side. Floor-ceiling window on the other side. This was the school store, so it was right off the cafeteria. I choose the wrong side during a meal. Bang. Right in front of everyone.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I work at a University in a lab building. There is a locked lab between our lab and the main lobby so we walk outside and around to get to that area. The bathrooms and our campus mailbox are in the lobby. The lobby has sliding glass doors on both sides. They are exceptionally sloooow doors and I tend to be a fast walker. I swear one of these days I am going to smack into one before it gets all the way open. My mom has a retractable screen door on door to the backyard. When she first got the thing I wasn't used to it and didn't even see the thing. It stretches out so it is rather cartoon-ish when you walk into it LOL. Forever ago when I graduated from high school my parents took me on a trip to Europe. I remember walking around France and my mom stumbling into one of those pylons that block cars from driving in a pedestrian area. We all had a good laugh. My younger brother once walked through a glass door...through the glass. Luckily he was alright.
                          Last edited by pudddykat; 04-06-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I also trip over anything and everything. And get mystery bruises.

I saw a video someone posted recently; of a naked guy, running around like a maniac, and towards a swimming pool. It was also dark out. And the pool had a glass wall in front of it, not quite sure why since it was outdoors, but this guy didn't see it, and BLAM, smacked right into it, went splat, and got up and ran away. It was hysterical.

Comment

I ran. Into a tree. Got a concussion, severely bruised my knee, and hairline fractured my thumb.

Explains a lot, doesn't it?
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X