This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humility is a Virtue

I just had a wonderful experience helping a customer of mine, and this seemed to be just the thread to memorialize this rare occassion.

On Monday, I sold a customer a phone, along with a voice plan and an internet add-on. I also sold them the hardware and software they would need to set up their phone as a modem to their laptop. When I did so, I told them that they would need to allow a minimum of 24 hours before attempting to use the phone as a modem, and that if they had any questions they should give me a call. They seemed like nice people, and they were genuinely excited about the phone and the internet access.

This morning, they called me up and asked if they could schedule an appointment to get some help with their laptop. We work on a first come, first serve basis, so I told them to come on out. They asked if I had time now, or if there was a better time, and were very conscious of the fact that I might be busy. Even if I had been, at this point I would have moved heaven and earth to help these ridiculously nice people.

They came in with absolutely everything that I had sold them on Monday, down to copies of the contract, every cord, instruction manual, receipt, you name it. I love people that do this, because it means that I can't conceivably not have the one thing I need. I asked how far they had gotten setting up their connection and the husband said, "Actually, we talked about it and decided you know so much more about this than we do, it would be easier if you installed it and set it up, rather than have us screw it up and then have you try and fix it." I am now officially in love with this couple.

So I set up their connection, they attempt first to pay me for my time and then to tip me (we don't take payment for our customer service/set-up), and then settle for thanking me profusely. By now, I want these people to be my only customers, and would officially bend over backwards to make them happy.

But wait, there's more. About twenty minutes ago, my boss came out and said, "The [Great Customer's name] called." I winced, thinking "oh man, did I screw up their connection set-up somehow?" My boss continued, "They wanted to be sure and tell me what a great job you did getting them set up, and to tell you thanks again."

Are these people real? Or am I really that good?
    Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Wow lucky you!!! It's nice when the idiots stay home and the good ones come out to the stores! Now everyone is happy and isn't that so much easier than someone screaming, stomping, and throwing things to get their way? These people were raised by good parents

Comment

Can someone clone these folks? We need more good customers like these.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Can I permanently borrow these customers??????
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
          Can I permanently borrow these customers??????
          No!! They're mine, all mine, I tell you!

I have this adorable mental image of the pair of them strolling amiably through the world, leaving a trail of bemused, disbelieving retail employees behind them. I hope they visit your store next, Becky!
          Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Working...
          X