This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot entertainment

There used to be a K-Mart close to where I work. The K-Mart closed down and the building is empty, however the parking lot is a popular place for people to work on cars, meet up with special friends, park under the trees to eat lunch and read in the shade. (Free shade is rather important to desert dwellers.)

I eat my lunch there at least once a week. Yesterday, I had finished eating and was enjoying a good book while smoking when I noticed a car driving diagonally across the parking lot. That wasn't unusual, but what drew my attention was that he was holding a smart phone on top of the steering wheel.

The screen must have blocked his view of the concrete surrounded light post because he hit it head on!

It was awesome, glass broke, the air bag went off and the car alarm started blaring.

As I was laughing so hard that water was coming out of my eyes, the 20 something driver got out of the car and he was MAD!!! I could hear him cussing at the top of his lungs and then he THREW his phone on the ground!!!

Good thinking, dude. Not only did you wreck your car and end up stranded in an empty parking lot, you blamed it on your phone and now don't have a way to call for a ride/tow/bitch out whoever you were texting for making you wreck your car!

By this time, I was hearing laughter from all of the other lunch time parkers and I rolled up my windows and locked my doors while calling my sweetie so he could also laugh.

Woohoo, instant karma! Probably thought he was the exception, that he was so observant and special that he could text and drive. In his mind other people are the ones who shouldn't use their phones while driving. Well, the light post would beg to differ.

Not on the same level but my dad and I were sitting in his truck in a parking lot many years ago, and watched someone unload their shopping cart, and calmly push it away from their car... Just pushed randomly into the lot, not in a corral. The wind picked up and as that person was backing out of the space, it whacked the cart quite hard broadside into the car. The person could clearly tell it was their cart, there was only the one in the area. We sat there laughing for a long time.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I would have sat there and laughed too! I just love watching instant karma

While sharing my story with co-workers, I learned that others also sit in that parking lot at lunch and of course they were very disappointed that they had chosen to eat lunch elsewhere that day.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        ...however the parking lot is a popular place for people to work on cars, meet up with special friends, park under the trees to eat lunch and read in the shade.
        We have many disused parking lots, and similar things go on. There have been impromptu "car shows" at night for years. As long as the "enthusiasts" behave themselves, the borough's finest tend to look the other way. That goes on all summer long. Winter though, it's another story--the lots are usually chained, and some aren't even plowed. Naturally, you get the kids who have seen those stupid "Fast & Furious" flicks a few too many times, and want to try their hand at drifting. Every bleeping winter, there's at least one kid who puts their car into a light pole, guard rail, or a sign.

The best though, had to be the asshole I knew in high school. He'd been going on and on about the new truck he'd been given by his parents, and wanted everyone to know about it. Of course he was drawn to the aforementioned parking lot, and was apparently having a great time sliding around. That is, until the inevitable happened. He got a bit carried away, and after clipping one pole with the truck bed, slid his brand-new Chevy...head-on, into a light pole Had he been going only a few miles an hour on the ice, it probably wouldn't have been so bad. But, as it was...he'd just totaled his month-old truck. Cops weren't amused--they sure noticed the tire tracks everywhere, and knew what he was doing.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X