This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievement Unlocked: Raise!

I got a raise 75 cents more an hour which for me is unheard of. My favorite security guy always said that I work the hardest in the store... I also have a scary memory for what's where on the shelves, and have been known to quote exact backstock (warehouse) numbers of something.

J says that my rotation procedure is saving the company money. On the 1st of each month I go through and make myself a list of what's going out of code at the end of the month, and during the month try to rotate those items so the oldest is in front and sells down. We're supposed to be stocking FIFO, but that isn't always possible as it takes time. When I make the initial list I have a rough idea of how many pieces there are to be pulled, and have noticed that some SKUs sell through at a decent clip (some don't move for us at all, but that's on the buyers in NY assuming that the Boston market is identical). I did notice a change over the summer--in June we pulled four totes full of product, July and August the amount went down steadily and I noticed stuff flying off the shelf that hadn't moved at all in the spring. I should ask J if I can see the numbers.

It's so awesome seeing "Merit Increase" in my payroll profile after not even a year.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Yaaaayyy! *Kermit flail* Congrats! I just went through that so I know how it feels (for the first time ever). I'm so glad to see your hard work being recognized!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X