This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio Sights

Ok, so this last weekend, I went to San Antonio to spend it with my boyfriend, xx_wolfie_xx. Of course I couldn’t have a hassle free trip, that’s just unheard of!! Granted, it could’ve been worse, considering it’s me, but it wasn’t, here are the ones that stand out.

Compensate me for my stupidity!
    I’m at the ticket counter here in Houston, and I’m next in line. I’m waiting patiently (or maybe not so patiently, but why quibble?) The guy up at the counter is taking his sweet ol’ time, for some reason and I don’t know why. He’s arguing with the agent, and I finally start paying attention. Oh, dear bejeebus, I kinda wish I hadn’t.

Agent: Sir, we’re able to do a one time authorization, and get you another ticket, but it really is for this time only.
    Idiot: that’s it. That’s all you’re going to offer? I’M the one who missed the bus because of you.
    A: Sir, I apologize, but—
    I: Am I going to make it on a bus sometime, today??
    A: Yes, sir, I’ve got your ticket printed, you just need to sign here.
    I: I think I need a manager or something.
    A: Yes, sir, but we’re already working on getting you a replacement ticket, so if you’ll just step to the side—
    I: but it’s not my fault!!!
    A: Sir, your bus was scheduled for a departure yesterday, we’re still getting you a replacement

Yeah, I tuned out around that time. See, apparently idiot missed his bus 24 hours prior…and was pitching a hissy fit because they were…giving him a free ticket for his idiocy….? Uh…right then, lookit, pretty book, let’s READ!

I’m going to stand here and form my own line!
    While Idiot is sitting there, arguing his idiocy, a pair of older women walk in and while one gets in the actual line (there was only 1 agent at this time), the other woman gets the brilliant idea that if she stands and makes her OWN line on the other side of the ropes, she’ll be next. Oh, the brilliance!

Erm, no. She kept eking forward, every time it looked like idiot was going to move and wait for the manager. I was not wanting to have her cut in line, so I watched, and I waited. And as soon as Idiot moved to the side of the counter (FINALLY). Old woman makes her bid and starts inching forward. I just walked up to the counter, calm as you can please. I swear I could FEEL her glaring at me from behind.

As I finish gathering my stuff, I wander over to the security area, and I can hear the old woman bitching indignantly, “they’re never going to let us through, are they? Noooo, they’re just going to ignore us, rabblerabblerabble”

The bus ride to San Antonio was uneventful, thank bogs. And because I was with wolfie, I was blissfully shielded from stupidity and crazy. For the most part. But there was ONE scene that had me cringing and wolfie cursing at a fellow driver.

ooooh, what’s those shiny lights MEAN??
    At one point, we’re driving back from…somewhere. I don’t know. We pulled up at a railroad crossing, the lights were flashing. There was 1 car in front of us, and it slowed down, and stopped. Right underneath the security arm.

So, the arm comes down, on TOP of the car. Idiot Driver then tries to reverse for about 8 inches, then decides instead to gun it and tear through the railroad crossing. I winced, may have shrieked, and shut my eyes. Wolfie swore a lot at the other driver for being an idiot and a future Darwin award candidate or something to that effect. Sheesh. People.

Zing!!
    Ok, Sunday, the day I was set to leave, we were in line at the greyhound station, and being THAT couple. You know, cuddly, huggly, nothing over the top, but very much affectionate. Well, I missed seeing this guy walk past us on the way to the bathrooms, and he just out and out tells us “get a room!!”

Without missing a beat, wolfie calls after him “get a girl!”

I couldn’t stop giggling, I admit. It amused me.

Other than that, no other real issues. The crazy magnet gets switched off when I’m around other people, thankfully. I had a fun weekend, and the stupid and crazy I DID see were minimal. I kind of like that, it’s a nice feeling

The End!!

Hugs your wolfie for me (he'll appreciate it more from you than from this old lady). I like his response

Comment

"Get a girl". I love that.

Lupo you're still a crazy magnet. At least we get good stories from it.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

It is rather uncanny. And somehow... familiar.

I'd suggest hooking Lupo up to a phone line to see if she attracts the same level of crazy GK and I do, but I think that might break her.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Great comeback by your boyfriend. I stopped using the line a long time ago, and instead a whine like a horse and deeply sing, "Tro-jan MA-A-A-ANNN."

You sure that guy didn't already have his left hand and right- er um, I mean girlfriends?

Comment

The Darwin Award candidate, I don't feel sorry a bit.

It's the poor sob driving the train that I really feel sorry for when shit like that happens.

Comment

I'm glad to hear you had a rather nice weekend. And that there were hardly any events.
              I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

Zing!!
                Ok, Sunday, the day I was set to leave, we were in line at the greyhound station, and being THAT couple. You know, cuddly, huggly, nothing over the top, but very much affectionate. Well, I missed seeing this guy walk past us on the way to the bathrooms, and he just out and out tells us “get a room!!”

Without missing a beat, wolfie calls after him “get a girl!”

I couldn’t stop giggling, I admit. It amused me.

If you are talking about the Greyhound station in downtown S.A., I literally work right and the corner and just passed it to get lunch at Bill Miller's. Small world.
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav

If you are talking about the Greyhound station in downtown S.A., I literally work right and the corner and just passed it to get lunch at Bill Miller's. Small world.
                  Yup that's the one, I actually live up off of basse and San Pedro.

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                    Yup that's the one, I actually live up off of basse and San Pedro.
                    Good times.. I was just at the Quarry yesterday. The St Mary's strip is one of my usual haunts. I live down in King William, do a lot in the music scene here. Hit me up on fb if you like: trosen76ATgmail.com
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

BaristaTrav,

I don't have a facebook, but maybe next time I'm down that way, I can drag wolfie out and make him socialize we can grab something, coffee, a bite, etc, etc. Maybe.
                      Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 03-17-2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Sure! I know lots of great spots.. let me know when you all come back my way...

Comment

Working...
                        X