This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Howard the Duck story

Since its my birthday and the local indie theater is having an 80s event this weekend that includes a showing of Howard the Duck I decided to share a story of days of old, days of leg warmers and big hair... wait.... thats not right...

anyways in the 80s and my mom was finishing college my mom was working for a radio station.

A 80s heavy rock/metal station. While she was pregnant with me.

Yeah there was no hope for me.

Anyway one of the perks of this job was when there was a new movie released my mom would often get free tickets. Of which she shared with my father.

One of these movies was the classic bad movie that all bad movies aspire to, Howard the Duck.

As the story goes (lack detail cause the punchline was all my dad ever really ventured into) about half way though the movie my dad got up and left the theater and said 'That movie is so bad i want my money back and didn't even pay.' My mom had to do a review like thing so she had to stay if i remember correctly but howard the duck has forever remained the movie so bad you want to be paid just to have to suffer through it.

Ever seen the Nostalgia Critic's review of Howard the Duck?
    "Duck tits! Woo oo!" (to the theme of Duck Tales)

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the link.http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...stalgia-critic Howard the Duck is in there somewhere. Still, this isn't really a sighting, it should probably go in Off Topic.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

There must be something really wrong with me because I love that movie!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Here's my Howard the Duck horror story:

I had a choice between Howard the Duck and Transformers: the Movie.

I was dumb enough not to pick Transformers.

Comment

Quoth Pagan
          There must be something really wrong with me because I love that movie!
          You and me both. We shall be outcasts together and not share the sweet goods I have in my kitchen right now.

Comment

Join me in "Jaws, the revenge." It's a great film.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Shortest movie review I ever read in a newspaper was the New York Daily News's review of Howard the Duck. It was a total of three words:

"IT'S A TURKEY!"

(Although I did once see a one-word review. Leonard Maltin reviewed an obscure '30s movie called "Isn't It Romantic?", and his review, in toto, was "No.")
              Last edited by Shalom; 03-13-2011, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                Shortest movie review I ever read in a newspaper was the New York Daily News's review of Howard the Duck. It was a total of three words:

"IT'S A TURKEY!"

(Although I did once see a one-word review. Leonard Maltin reviewed an obscure '30s movie called "Isn't It Romantic?", and his review, in toto, was "No.")
                My favourite review of a movie was in the television listings one year in the UK (there, on Christmas day it's a big deal for the stations to show quite newish movies all day). All the TV magazine description said was "heat up the oven, here's another Christmas turkey".

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Here's my Howard the Duck horror story:

I had a choice between Howard the Duck and Transformers: the Movie.

I was dumb enough not to pick Transformers.

Aww, well, we all do dumb things as kids that we regret later in life.

Still, that WAS pretty dumb.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

No regrets here. My life is forever enhanced for seeing and owning The Room, and someday aspiring to go watch it in the theatres.

My current favorite is and will always be Xanadu.

Comment

Hubby and I are proud owners of the HtD DVD It also played recently on Foxtel out here. Love the movie! The hair! The clothes! the borderline beastiality!

It's a classic.

Oh, and Kristev, Jaws: the revenge is soooo cool about the only Jaws film I can stand watching after the original
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I hate that movie with a passion because it was my Brother's favorite and he'd intentionally play it over and over and over again just to annoy me.
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                          Ever seen the Nostalgia Critic's review of Howard the Duck?
                          "Duck tits! Woo oo!" (to the theme of Duck Tales)
                          I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who thought of that. As soon as I saw the thread title that immediately popped into my head.

Count me here as someone who likes Howard the Duck. I love hilariously bad movies, they're so much fun to watch. Troll 2 is my favourite of the so-bad-they're-good movies. It's just so cheesy and over the top.
                          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Eh... Howard the Duck doesn't bother me so much... it's an okay movie, just not something you share with family members, much like Rocky Horror... Oh, my Gods! Random boobs!
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Hey, now! Howard the Duck is one of my favorite movies. Which reminds me -- I haven't seen it in a looooooong time so I need to find it and watch it.

Not everyone thinks it's a great movie, though, but to each their own.
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X