Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with your tip, I would have probably left less as many here have said. My only advice would be next time explain to management your problems and why you left a small tip. That way if management is worth a crap maybe your server will learn something and maybe improve. Otherwise most servers these days wont take a small tip as a message they need to improve, but as an indication that you are a cheapskate.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      I suppose that's possible.

I guess I was more irritated because it was the longest we've waited for a table since our second Valentine's Day dinner. Even our recent visits to Olive Garden and Red Lobster, we haven't waited that long. But that may have been because they over-estimated wait times.
      You're correct on our "over estimate" waite times. (ex-Red LObster Hostess)

We do it to 1.) save our butts. 2.) If we tell you 10 mins, and you get in at 5, it makes you feel that much more better about the place.

Now then, we do not OVERLY over estimate. We normally do 5-10 over the actual projected wait time. It ensures we get you in with-in your wait time, and it covers the once in a while incident that backs up everyone for a few mins.

In sum, we do it to make out customers happier about their stay, more so than to save our skins.
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Working...
      X