This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Titles

The nearby theatre is playing "Battle: L..A." and "The Adjustment Bureau". While we were in line buying tickets for the latter, a woman a couple groups up apparently flubbed the title of the movie she wanted to see. She apologized, and the manager said it was fine, that he'd heard all sorts of interesting flubs from customers ans she was far from the worst offender. He expressed his annoyance at the particularly high number of customers who requested "Battlefield Earth" when they meant "Battle for L.A."

The next guy in line walked up with a big grin and, without missing a beat, asked for two tickets to "Battle Bureau." (It took the theatre manager a brief moment to process he was just being a smartass.)
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

i thought the move was Battle:LA cause thats what i saw on the trailer.

Comment

I feel sorry for the customers who wanted to see Battlefield Earth.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        i thought the move was Battle:LA cause thats what i saw on the trailer.
        See? even I get it wrong. I will fix. You are right.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Heh. I remember when The Last Samurai was out, and I heard a woman request a ticket to "The Last Summary"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When I worked at Hasting's, we got people asking for the "Twin Towers". You know, the second movie in the LOTR trilogy.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              I feel sorry for the customers who wanted to see Battlefield Earth.
              My gaming group went to see it.

The only movie I've ever heckled aloud in the theatre.

It didn't help that the rest of the theatre was doing it too.

I think we got our money's worth in spontanious MST3K moments.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Perhaps I should steal that title: The Battle Bureau.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X