Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even reality tv can have scs (and GC's)

I was watching the second season of the Amazing Race the other day (the show came out in 99, and is still being filmed.) During one of the episodes I noticed the following. All of the teams were in a major airport (for sake of argument let's say JFK.) A woman at one of the help desks was tired of all the panicked customers coming up to her treating her rudely while asking for help with flights. However, Oswald and Danny approach her after 4 hours of looking for flights, and are completely relaxed and polite during the whole encounter. She says "You know, I am going to help you out. You are the only ones who have been completely patient and polite while asking me for help." So she gave them a stopover flight that got them into the pit stop in 4th place (a huge help since they were dead last in the airport.) So even reality tv has its good customers, which can sometimes win them huge money.
    Spoiler alert for the show, but they did not win. Still great customers though, the kind you'd love to have in your store.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the AR contestants drive me nuts. Especially the cheerleader-type contestants who always end up being so condescending towards the taxi drivers.

I loved the challenge where they had to strip down to their underwear and run a short course. (that was in Russia). One of the girls had only a thong on and one girl had gone commando so she had to borrow some!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yeah I agree, some of the female cheerleader-type teams annoy me like that as well. It seems to me like almost all the teams treat taxi drivers like crap. But I like the show (ought to, having seen every single episode.) But that particular incident stayed in my memory (and Oswald and Danny always acted that way, one reason why they went all the way to 4th place.
      I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X