This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I *must* use my CrackBerry!

Flying from IAH to CLT last week, I'm sitting in the exit row. We are getting ready to land in CLT, and the guy next to me starts with a text message on his CrackBerry, while listening to his iPod. I remark to him that he can't use that yet... he puts it away without comment.

Several problems here:

1) They aren't making up the stories about interference. No, the plane isn't going to get "lost", but if we were on an instrument approach (we were not), it can cause glitches. Things are not as strict at altitude because there is plenty of time to fix any issues, but takeoff/landing is kind of a sensitive time. Using the thing during those times is a bad habit to get into.
    2) He's in the exit row. In the unlikely event of an evacuation, they need you PAYING ATTENTION, not jammin' to tunes and sending an e-mail.
    3) The rules apply to you too, Mr. Super-Important. It doesn't even matter if the rules are a good idea or not.

What IS it about those things that people can't wait TWO FREAKING minutes for the plane to pull onto the taxiway?

SirWired

It was probably a message of supreme importance, such as:

"Hey. What are u doing?"
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or, "We're landing. See you in a few minutes." Seriously, if someone's there to pick you up, they know this already.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

They're not called Crackberries for nothing.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X