This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Zombie Apocalypse has begun

We know how it starts, just one small incident when one apparently ill person bites another:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...n-victims-face

So it is time to stock up on food and essentials, get your guns and fortify your home!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

First .. that is disturbing on so many levels.

Now..remember people. Double Tap.

Aim for the head.

Stock up on survival gear as well as food and water.

Weapons that do not need ammo are best..but be careful of blood spatter..don't want to get infected by swallowing blood.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Right by the front door is the mace.

Comment

Oh my god.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We have two katanas and a nodatchi. Lots of smaller knives, two bows (one compound, one recurve), nunchucks, a hatchet, and a rifle. Bring it.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post

Now..remember people. Double Tap.
            Rule #4!

Remember rule #1 - cardio!
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Give it a month.

If the zombies are actually reanimated corpses, they'll rot to the bare bones in a few weeks. Problem solved.

If the zombies are infected humans, wait until they die of either thirst or starvation. Should take anywhere from three days (thirst) to three weeks (starvation).

Either way, you're golden. Just find a fortified door and make sure you have enough peanut butter and Diet Coke (with Splenda) to last until July.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Ho-lee Sheeet! Dang, just as bad as the guy on the bus that cut off the head of the guy sleeping next to him and started to eat him!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Also; you don't need a large-calibre gun. Zombies like standing still unless there's 'food' nearby, so a .22 calibre in the eye socket will drop a zombie nearly all the time.

Comment

Yes Level_9 but the real threat of this is not the Zombies (which by the way will have fresh members on a constant basis..and since they are up and walking might decay slower), but the germs and such that this will cause.

1) From the zombies themselves. Hey they are walking corpses..would be breeding grounds for lots of nasty things.

2) From the bodies of the ones that don't get up and walk around. Who's going to be able to bury them with zombies out and about?

3) Food Contamination. Are you really going to trust any food that might have been planted?? How long would it take for more to grow..most perishable food will be rotten/bad even if they do rot away and finally are no longer a threat. Non-perishable would be ok..but if a lot of people survive then it might not last too long.

Now survivalist will be ok with number 3. And those who stock up might be ok but there is more issues.

4) The people who survive who want food..might just want yours.

etc..

Yep, the problem with a Zombie Apocalypse is not the Zombies...
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Yep, the problem with a Zombie Apocalypse is not the Zombies...
                      True enough, but all in all, a zombie apocalypse would be more along the lines of a zombie annoyance, a zombie social disruption, etc...

Learned people have looked into these things.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

DAAAAAAYUM!!!! That is some crazy shit! I heard from FMIL that there's some nasty LSD strain going around!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

There are other problems that has been noticed with it too..though I guess it's kinda covered under the weapons one. In every zombie movie I've seen we have a couple of people killing hundred (or even thousands) of zombies. And these are not trained killers (for the most part) the exception being like Resident Evil. So trained pros..with say tanks..would probably end the zombie threat quick.

Which brings up another thing is .. why no tanks in zombie movies? Impossible for the Zombies to get into, no ammo needed (crushing works fine)..and you can even carry plenty of fuel with you inside the tank. Just crush all nearby zombs, refuel, repeat.

Comment

Hmmmm.

/Makes notes to include a tanks crushing hundreds thousands of zombies in the next zombie movie I make.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                            X