Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearly someone worked in a call center..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly someone worked in a call center..

I know people have sung the praises of Cracked.com before but...god. I love this guy
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-idioti...#ixzz1wA5GFHUR

This article has made me and other desk monkey friends SO happy with it's truth!

Comment

Apparently you're right - he DID work in a call center.

#3. Screaming Like a Lunatic Is Your Best Option

The author's example of someone screaming like a lunatic because he had to pay $30 copay on a $10,000 medical bill...

If that example seems oddly specific, it's because I actually took that call. And I laughed at the guy.

Comment

Whoever wrote the article on Cracked, deserves a medal and a case of their liquor of choice! Screaming like a lunatic only gets the dial tone and passed around to other people who can't/won't help out because you're a fucking ranting raving psycho. The customer is always right thing is a load of shit and won't fly with us, call center or not. The only exception is with some candy ass spineless supervisor/manager. Yep, we don't care about helping you. We care about making our numbers...as in average handle time, sales, survey scores and quality audits to keep the paychecks coming. If you're gonna ask to speak to a supervisor, you gotta say why so we can brief them on your issue to get it resolved as best as possible (we're not genies here and this ain't no Burger King to have it your way...bitch you'll have it OUR way!). Otherwise, no info means you don't get to talk to the supervisor. BYE! The whole thing where you huff at us and say "I'm taking my business elsewhere!" bit...yeah sure whatever. Unless you're talking to a commissioned sales rep or small company won't work. Reps and the big companies could give a rat's ass if you wanna go to the competition for whatever inane reason you have. One less shitty customer.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          The author's example of someone screaming like a lunatic because he had to pay $30 copay on a $10,000 medical bill...
          If someone showed me an insurance statement showing something like that, my reaction would be along the lines of: GREAT PLAN. Seriously, in running the totals for the medical deduction, I've seen much worse than this example.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X