This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happened again!

I just checked my bank account, and for the second time, my paycheck didn't go through.

WTF?!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

think the director has your pay again?

Comment

That director isn't here anymore. He went to an affiliate company. It MIGHT be the guy we got to replace him (also has an S last name). Which would mean he got his last paycheck AND mine. He doesn't work here anymore.

What annoys ME is I went to tell Chief about it, and he asked if what I needed to talk about could wait a few minutes. I say sure. Then wait 15 before going to his office. He's not even doing anything. Totally blew me off until I said "My paycheck didn't go through."

Cola had better be here today. If she's gone, there will be ISSUES.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

When is the end of your paycycle? I know in the California, and I think the rest of the US, the company has to have given or mailed you your check within one week.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Payday is Friday. More like Thursday midnight. We do Direct Deposit and get paystubs on Friday.

Cola figured the problem (she just didn't put in my hours!), apologized for "jacking" me again, got me a check, and let me go to the bank on company time. And then bought me lunch.

So I have my monies, and free food! Yum.

Comment

Well, it had a happy ending, at least!

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              Payday is Friday. More like Thursday midnight. We do Direct Deposit and get paystubs on Friday.
              Not payday, but the last day that you get paid that's included on your paycheck. My work pays from Monday through Sunday and payday is Wendesday. Since the pay period ends on Sunday at midnight, they have to have our checks ready and available by the following Sunday.

But you got your pay, so it's all good, now.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Not payday, but the last day that you get paid that's included on your paycheck. My work pays from Monday through Sunday and payday is Wendesday. Since the pay period ends on Sunday at midnight, they have to have our checks ready and available by the following Sunday.

But you got your pay, so it's all good, now.

^-.-^
                Oooh... Monday through Friday of the previous week. The place is closed on the weekend.

Comment

Reminds me of the saga of trying to get direct deposit. Kept filling out the paperwork with my boss, kept waiting...never happened. Tried it twice, once a year, same bank accounts. Now that the company has declared it mandatory, the paperwork has finally gone through! Phew, I was ready to switch banks, as mine holds checks for almost 5-days before funds are available; so if I wanted my $$$ fast, I needed to go to work on my day-off, get the check, drive to the bank that issued it, cash it, then drive to my bank and deposit it.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

i hope it doesn't turn into a regular screwup

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                      Oooh... Monday through Friday of the previous week. The place is closed on the weekend.
                      Well, they can't not include the weekends, even if nobody works them. It's likely that it's Monday through Sunday, though, as that's fairly typical for a regular M-F workplace.
                      Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      Phew, I was ready to switch banks, as mine holds checks for almost 5-days before funds are available; so if I wanted my $$$ fast, I needed to go to work on my day-off, get the check, drive to the bank that issued it, cash it, then drive to my bank and deposit it.
                      I don't know where you are, but in the state of California, it's actually against the law for a bank to hold a paycheck. I think it's limited to printed paychecks (which is most places), but they're supposed to credit them pretty much immediately.

I actually went after Wells Fargo for pulling that crap with holding my paychecks. That (and a plethora of other problems) is why I'm now with Bank of America. My brother reports their still pulling that crap and he switched to a credit union.

^-.-^

Comment

The company is closed on weekends, so they are irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                        X