This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tired

im tired of work. my last day off was last Thursday, and my next one is now this Thursday, i just got a call from my brother asking if i can go in early today because our lovely photo sup. isn't coming in.

now my brother has to do the overnight tonight and go in at 9pm. (and then go back in tomorrow afternoon to close til 10)he was nice enough to go in this morning and cover for her while she had her court date, then i guess she decided to call and say she was sick and wasn't coming in, how nice! she was always known for her call outs, but didn't try them as much with bossman when he started.

mmm Sunday
    Sunday the mens toilet over flowed....again. it overflowed Friday, and now Sunday? its because someone used the bathroom, but nobody knows who so were still waiting on a plumber for that.
    since theirs poo in that toilet it smells, the hallway smells like toilet water, and the womens occasionally smells now too. some kids on Sunday night decided to spray all the perfume and deodorant they could grab, til i started giving them evil eyes. and i found a bottle of veet in the wrong spot. i picked it up, and it was open, i got it on my hand, let me tell you, it smells like rotten eggs.

Monday
    yesterday sucked. originally it was me, V (god help me....) coworker i'll call her D (not supervisor D lol), and photo tech, A.

bossman decided to switch A to the morning. and work 9-530 instead. now that i think of it, that why he put D on in the first place, anyways, that meant from 530-10 i would have to run photo and the shift. lucky for me the Rx closed at 6 and i had to do their drawers. but of course the only 2 people i even had to help in photo last night was right at 6. one was only picking up pics, but by the time she realized i was busy and had my hands in the 'black bag' (dealing with film, not exposing it) V had already had a huge line grow. damn her. customer didn't want to wait in long line. anyway everything worked out last night, but i was drained from working with V and D. neither one knows how to do anything. why must i be tortured so?

tonight i get to work with D, a good photo tech S, and bossman. i hope the DM shows up for some discussions

at least i got paid lots of money yesterday due to the holiday.

Don't burn yourself out.

Remember that going in when you don't have to is optional. If your boss calls and asks if you want to do an extra shift, you can always say no.

Are they unable to field sufficient manpower otherwise? Tough shit. Its the boss' problem, not yours. You should not have to work yourself to utter exhaustion because your boss is unable to plan for contingencies.

Comment

That's exactly right.

For now, I'm pretty secure in my position at work that I will rarely, if ever, get a phone call, because everyone works the same days every week. The only time I need to worry about a mysterious private caller on my phone would be during the rock/country fests in the summer time, because the weekend boss tends to give everyone the weekend off and then get turn around and demand a bunch of 3rd shifters come cover the absenses.

Unless you really want the extra cash, say no. Better yet, don't answer the phone. That's management's problem. And if it's the same people every time, even moreso management's problem. They see calling people in to constantly cover the same people who always call out sick as an easier solution than disciplining employees with attendance issues. Sometimes you gotta force your boss into a corner and make them do their job.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

at least school is done for now and i can sleep in almost everyday

i know i can say no, but if i do, bossman will use it against me. hes done it before, plenty of times

Comment

Just don't answer the phone.

That way you don't need to work, and you also don't need to say no.

Whats he going to do? Blame you for being out of the house on your day off?

(Sadly, some bosses will actually do this. But don't give them any ammo.)

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
            Just don't answer the phone.

That way you don't need to work, and you also don't need to say no.

Whats he going to do? Blame you for being out of the house on your day off?

(Sadly, some bosses will actually do this. But don't give them any ammo.)
            this is true,

today is my day off

but the weather sucks

Comment

A perfect day to supposedly "accidentally" leave your phone in your car...
              Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Working...
              X