This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legendary 710 Cap

So, I'm at a gaming convention right now, and a friend wandered over and asked what I was reading. So I told him, and added a little explanation of what the site is all about.

Well, he stops and starts to tell me about a customer he had back when he was working a counter at the GM dealership. He asks me if I know what a "710 Cap" is, and I start laughing, having remembered reading about this on Snopes some time ago.

Another couple of people who happened to be nearby are both looking confused, so I grab a nearby piece of paper and, while facing them across a table, write down 7-1-0.

Hilarity ensues.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

I love the 710 cap story. I did that once to someone. They weren't happy.

Even funnier was when I called the auto parts store of suck where I used to live and asked them for a radiator cap for a 1964 Corvair (for those who don't know that car has an air cooled engine. No radiator at all.) They spent 45 minutes trying to find one for me. This was after they treated me like garbage for being female in the parts store.
    Last edited by Shpepper; 05-26-2009, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
      Even funnier was when I called the auto prats store of scuk where I used to live and asked them for a radiator cap for a 1964 Corvair (for those who don't know that car has an air cooled engine. No radiator at all.) They spent 45 minutes trying to find one for me. This was after they treated me like garbage for being female in the parts store.
      I was starting to think this was a bit sucky, but shouldn't an auto parts place know this sort of thing? Plus, they already gave you crap for daring to enter an auto parts store without a penis, so they deserved it.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Even the manager said that the guys behind the counter deserved it. I still went it there after that but I would only go to the manager to get my parts.

Comment

It took me entirely too long to get the 710 thing. I hope that means I am smart, not stupid. Haha! Anyone who works in a parts store and cannot at least figure out they were being had deserves to have their time wasted. I love the revenge, too sweet!
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
            It took me entirely too long to get the 710 thing. I hope that means I am smart, not stupid. Haha!
            Well, I had to google it.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
              I love the 710 cap story. I did that once to someone. They weren't happy.

Even funnier was when I called the auto parts store of suck where I used to live and asked them for a radiator cap for a 1964 Corvair (for those who don't know that car has an air cooled engine. No radiator at all.) They spent 45 minutes trying to find one for me. This was after they treated me like garbage for being female in the parts store.
              That's some nice pwnage right there. I assume they gave you crap and assumed that as a female, you didn't know anything about auto parts. Way to put them in their place.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
                Even funnier was when I called the auto parts store of suck where I used to live and asked them for a radiator cap for a 1964 Corvair (for those who don't know that car has an air cooled engine. No radiator at all.) They spent 45 minutes trying to find one for me.
                Serves the bastards right Still, I bet it drove them nuts looking for that part
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

thats like asking your new hammerhand go buy a wood stretcher

or making your pita temp try to find a left handed pencil sharperner
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    That's some nice pwnage right there. I assume they gave you crap and assumed that as a female, you didn't know anything about auto parts. Way to put them in their place.
                    That's exactly what they did. What I needed they had to order. I used to be the one in my group of friends who did Carb rebuilds. I needed a kit for one of them and they tried to tell me that that specific carb could not be rebuilt. They finally found the part numbers after I went home and got the exploded view sheet from one that I had already done.

I miss working on cars.

Comment

I love the 710 cap..
                      Attached Files
                      Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Working...
                      X