This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Of The Chronical Late Payer

An oldie but goldie... thought of posting it in Cursing Out Coworkers but I found it to be more appriopriate here.
    Backstory:

Until a couple of months ago I worked as a temp accountant in Payables/Receivables in a transport company. My job was to register payments, pay bills due to our suppliers and eventually take phone calls and email inquiries. All inquires regarding invoices had to be redirected to a Sales Representative since it was them who had authority to waive fees and so on. You with me so far? So here goes:

Phone: Ring-ring!
    Me: Hello, <company> this is NZ speaking, how may I help you?
    OTL (Old Talkative Lady): Hi, this is OTL, I'm very sick bla bla bla and bla bla bla bla bla...
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that Mrs. OTL, are you calling about your invoice? (while searching her balance)
    OTL: Yes, I'm back with a payment but since I'm bla bla bla sick and my daughter bla bla bla...
    Me: Yes, Mrs OTL, I understand but if I could transfer you to..
    OTL: BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA....

At the moment I first uttered the words "Mrs OTL" all of my coworkers BOLTED out of the office and I could hear them in fits of laughter out in the hallway as I frantically tried to get OTL to shut up for JUST ONE FRIGGIN SECOND so I could transfer her call to Sales. That took me half an hour.

Once I had hung down the coworkers came back and said: "Sorry we laughed, but we all fear OTL. She calls EVERY time her bill's due and asks us to waive the fees, and adds a whole sob story to it."

I replied that they owned me cookies BIG TIME for not warning me. Guess what, on my last day of work I got a big box of... cookies.
    Last edited by Dips; 05-28-2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: Removed "permission" to move.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Are you sure this isn't an urban legend? Our customers would give sob stories, but you'd have to call them first. They wouldn't go out of their way to contact us if they could instead pretend we didn't exist.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Are you sure this isn't an urban legend? Our customers would give sob stories, but you'd have to call them first. They wouldn't go out of their way to contact us if they could instead pretend we didn't exist.
      Oh, I wish it was an urban legend... that would have given me half an our of my life back. Nope, the story was really experienced by yours truly.

The customer called because we had sent her a reminder which stated that a late payment fee had been added to her balance.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
      X