This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeseburger Lady

Every month or so we have this customer come in usually close to closing and does her grocery shopping. She's very whiny and loud. She has an auto-immune disease. That's why she likes coming into our store to shop. Grocery stores are just too much for her. And no grocery store will help her like we do.

I'm pretty sure she comes in during the evening because one of our shift leaders works that shift and he's one of those types to help customers above and beyond. Which she takes full advantage of.

Last night she came in around 6:30 and finally left after 8. She walked out with two shopping carts of (paid for) groceries. What could she find that would fill two carts from a store that only has two aisles of food?

6 12 packs of Coke
    4 12 packs of Ginger Ale
    A 24 pack of water or maybe 2
    4 4 packs of Gatorade
    6 bags of sugar
    2 boxes of brown sugar
    10 yes 10 boxes of anti-diarrhea medicine

And finally...

12 frozen cheese burger AND 6 frozen chicken sandwiches. All of which she removes from the boxes because she doesn't have the room in her freezer leaving us to throw away the boxes.

As soon as she came in last night my coworker who only works a couple nights a week came over and said she hates this woman and she may go to hell for saying that but she still hates her. And if you can piss off someone that barely works part time, that's saying something. I can't say I disagree. Cheeseburger Lady as we named her plays the pity card. Customers help her because of how pitiful she is. They'll help her put stuff in her car because she's got this auto-immune disease dontcha know. My coworker said that she even asked one customer to come to her house to help unload the groceries.

After she left we were talking and decided that she likes the attention she gets. There's no other way to explain it. To compare, we have a guy that comes in every day to buy a newspaper and a few other things. He's hunched over with a bad back and uses a cane. Yet he's in there all kinds of weather and just does his business doesn't play up his struggles and is almost always in a pleasant mood. We have other people, too the same way. They don't declare their problems for the world and just go about their business. I hate people that play the victim and do it so well.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I would almost suspect a case of Munchausen syndrome. "Oh, woe is me! Observe the PITIFUL WRECKAGE that is my body! I-- oh, you'll help me? How kind."

Or if she really has whatever she claims to have, then yeah, attention whoring.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I'd be tempted to ask her why she abuses her broken body with all that sugar. I wouldn't say it, but the temptation would be there.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Lots of sugar and many liquids.... and anti-diarrhoea medicine? I see cause and effect.
        Maybe next time chuck a bag of bran and some broccoli in and you can avoid the medicine.
        Or just provide her with a large box of corks....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

if it wasn't for the anti-poop meds, I could understand it; when i got *very* sick with stuff last year, my diet was fried egg sandwiches, kosher chicken soup powder, and sugary drinks, because it was all I could tolerate. but with so little going in, I definitely had less worries about what came out...
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I think my problem is the whole extravaganza she makes of it. From the second she comes in from the second she leaves it's just all about the help she needs. It just seems more about getting attention than getting help, if that makes sense.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
              if it wasn't for the anti-poop meds, I could understand it; when i got *very* sick with stuff last year, my diet was fried egg sandwiches, kosher chicken soup powder, and sugary drinks, because it was all I could tolerate. but with so little going in, I definitely had less worries about what came out...
              Yeah, 2/3rds of that is "liquid diet for ill person"

and the other 1/3 is pure "WTF?"
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

An hour and a half to shop two aisles of food? I can get my weekly shopping (or did pre-pandemic) in 30-40 minutes, tops, and with two children in tow.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm pretty sure 8 bags of sugar, and brown sugar to boot, is gonna be for baking. Or perhaps candymaking.

A couple things to remember about weird grocery carts:
                  1) They're not necessarily buying all their food at your store.
                  2) They're not necessarily shopping just for themselves. 10 boxes of diarrhea meds is not a personal supply no matter how bad your guts are.

Comment

But

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                    I'm pretty sure 8 bags of sugar, and brown sugar to boot, is gonna be for baking. Or perhaps candymaking.

A couple things to remember about weird grocery carts:
                    1) They're not necessarily buying all their food at your store.
                    2) They're not necessarily shopping just for themselves. 10 boxes of diarrhea meds is not a personal supply no matter how bad your guts are.
                    1) Is true.

2) However, is the personal result when a person has a major medical condition but refuses to go to the doctor/hospital to have it treated.

How do I know, my aunt die because she used laxatives every day to go to the washroom. On a trip to Jamaica she could not get the laxatives and her bowels stop working. In less than a week she was dead.

The doctors later said they were never told of the laxatives and her body had adjusted to their use to control when she went so they did not treat her properly since they did not know.

Taking large amount of meds like these is a sure sign of someone in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X